Blu-ray wins the war

http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press/2008_02/pr1903.htm

^.^ OMG you just made my Day. i got a PS3 and was hoping the Blu ray would pull out ahead ^.^

That’s so cool. I was not sure about Blu-ray or HD-DVD that I planned to purchase. Now, I plan to purchase Blu-Ray DVD Player, and Playstation 3 before I will get a job.

I’m glad that’s over. I don’t like the idea of having to choose between two different formats for my HD needs.

Neither does anyone else. Thus, when Sony went BluRay PS3, and Microsoft opted not to follow suit for HDDVD, I was pretty sure HDDVD was going down. I’m actually just glad one of them won; if MS went bundled HDDVD, then it would have got fugly.

Yeah, smart move on Sony’s part. They may have lost money by including Blu-ray on the PS3, but in the end it helped them get rid of the competition and insure them the most dominant spot on the HD-DVD market for the forseeable future.

Not really. Outside US Microsoft Xbox360 sales have been meh.

yea Microsoft hasn’t been doing so well outside US. but the PS3 sales have been going up lately. i think cause of all the Updates changes and stuff. and probably the change in price lols