Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru

It will be a cold day in Hell, with Lucifer throwing a cheerful birthday party for Jesus, before Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru sees life in the US. :smiley:

I have read some of the manga scans. It is basically for girls, smutty, incest. But cause it’s twinboyXtwingirl it probably won’t be coming to USA, but if it’s lesbian twins then it more likely will be, but since it’s not, it won’t be out. I am wondering about watching the OVA, since the guy is a Bishounen. Like I said Bokuimo is more for girls, anything H that is won’t be out in the US, ever.

About freaking time someone posted info here. The last time I read ANYTHING about it was almost 2 years ago.

Lesbian twins don’t get ported to the US with anymore success.

Futakoi (aka Twin Girls) from Mediaworks is proof of that. The company won’t even put it up for license, because they KNOW it wouldn’t be worth the effort to sell. The failure of Sister Princess in the Western market more than assured them of that.

I knew that Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru is “hardcore” twincest (brother and sister) - but I was wondering if anyone around the forum was a fan and saw the live action movie…

None of my Japanese friends care about the series, so I came here. :wink:

I have a soft spot for the series and actually bought it but the failure of Sister Princess can probably be attributed to the overall crappiness of it. The second season is a little better but I highly doubt it’ll get brought over. Also there was already a blueprint for the series before any TV airings that forged the personalities and traits of each character which the english audience didn’t have. But seriously the first series has too many deformed scenes. :stuck_out_tongue:

all is not lost, if they were willing to do Koi Kaze (manga and anime) they might be willing to licence some of the other stuff, it just depends on if they make money or not.

I hope I get the whole series of “bokuimo” (the abbr. for Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru) for Xmas. I liked the OVA and I hope to get the live action movie for Xmas too…maybe.

Sadly that’s what killed Gunslinger Girl off, before it could really take flight. It didn’t make any money, because people found it slightly disturbing: killer children, unrequited love from the children to their adult handler, pedopotential, etc.

The series has gotten really good as of late, as the focus has changed from Henrietta and Jose (cute as it may be) to Petra and Sandro. Nice fresh direction with everything… although I can’t wait for the Henrietta arc to get back on track again. Also it would seem Jan has grown fond of Rico, despite what he may say, since he went out of his way to save her from drowning in a chapter… and it made Rico VERY happy. :slight_smile: They also have been alluding how there’s a lot more getai than the central cast - for example in one issue, they’ve shown other “unnamed” girls eating breakfast with Herietta and Rico.

Still waiting on the twincest getai. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 07-16-2007, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Now, now, hiro, any SisPri fan knows there never was but one SisPri series, which is “RePure”! :wink:

[ 07-16-2007, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]

Heh… Hilshire has sacrificed and busted his ass for Trelia so much, and she doesn’t even know it. He tries so hard to be nice to her, and yet she gives him nothing but lip. Truly they have a weird relationship, given the absolute devotion the other getai-handers go.

The point of that episode/chapter was to show that Trelia and Hilshire have a father-daughter role: as opposed to the sibling role Henrietta-Jose share, and master-dog role Rico-Jan share. The father who doesn’t know his daughter well, but loves her anyway; and the daughter who rebels against her father because she wants more independence.

However in later chapters, Trelia discovers that Hilshire has given up his entire life and lost everything dear to him, thanks to the past they share - that is to say, Trelia and Hilshire have met before… only she doesn’t remember any of it.

Sad really… Then again, that’s the whole point of Gunslinger Girl - and the reason why I love it so much. Even the handlers have tragic histories; but the girls have little awareness of it…

Well. I’ll. Be. Damned.

The Gunslinger Girl manga is being continued in the US:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781413903416&itm=2

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781413903461&itm=5

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781413903522&itm=9

There’s hope for the West after all. :smiley:

Here’s a topic of discussion that fans of Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru talk about. Thought I’d throw it up here to see Western opinions. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did Yori force Iku into loving him?

As all three mediums (manga, OVA, live movie) show, Yori had the hots for his twin all through childhood… however Iku seems oblivious to such emotion until Yori begins steps to “get away” from her. This leads into an entertaining train of thought: that Iku gave Yori what he wanted, because she was willing to do anything to keep them together.

Iku had emotional and habitual dependence on her brother - that much is obviously clear - but feelings of “lust and desire” didn’t occur until she realized that reciprocation would be the only solution.

Later chapters in the manga try to justify that Iku’s lack of interest in boys and failures at romance was due to a subconscious desire for Yori, but it seems she was perfectly happy with the non-sexual status quo. Making the relationship “forbidden” obviously added more pleasure (and hardship) on the whole thing… but it still leaves the instigator as Yori alone.

[ 09-09-2007, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Once in awhile, someone PM’s me about how this series ends - either the manga or the movie.

Here ya go. A thread that discusses how all three incarnations end:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t43690-100.html

Spoilers? Yea. :stuck_out_tongue: