Brave Soul Alternative

I was looking forward to a sequal of sorts to Brave Soul. Felt like going to the Peach Princess site to buy a game, not sure which though, and saw information on BSA. I was like ‘OMG Sweet!’ and then as I read, my excitement shriveled like grape in the sun. Rudy+Cobden? I just guess I’m not much of a fan of yaoi situations(at the end of true love i was like ‘nooooo’ when mr. homeboy was like ‘i love you’)…

I’m sure there were Norwegians who were as exited when they read about the upcoming “Grand Theft Auto: Oslo” on various news pages today as you were when you saw Brave Soul Alternate. I’m pretty sure those two games are equally authentic.

Oslo is the capital of Norway, in case some people don’t know.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 04-01-2005).]

Grand Theft Auto: Oslo? Somehow that seems even less likely than PP doing yaoi games…

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Somehow that seems even less likely than PP doing yaoi games...

I wonder if that is really THAT unlikely?
After all, Peter already asked here how people here would like such games.

... and that topic wasn't started on an April 1st!

Right. It made sense at first glance. Of course, the idea of a game about Rudy and Cobden getting intimate was ridiculous, but somehow the earlier talk of yaoi games made it all still seem feasible enough to fool us for a little bit. That’s why the joke was so brilliant.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 04-01-2005).]

I like how the Japanese text reads “Today is April Fools!” Nice one Peter. Nobody can read it and it looks official.

The moment I saw “Alternative” stamped on the front page I knew it was fake. Plus I too can read the Japanese text under the title

I feel somewhat relieved…though…with a touch of “I’m smart…almost”

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
Nice one Peter.

actually i made that :P
peter has nothing to do with any april fools made on this site

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lamuness:
[b] Then again LMM may not be permited in Canada.

If so Lamuness would be in trouble. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] I hope you get that worked out though...

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
PS. If I try to get a replacement copy from Lamuness I could end up with Little my Snowdrop instead.

Little my Snowdrop has a lot more endings than Little my Maid anyway, so at least you get more value for your money.

Why is it that i’m the only one that hasn’t seen the joke lamuness did?
why is it that i always get caught on fools day (maybe because i’m a fool?)?
i haven’t seen the joke lamuness did, but over the net i can assure you that i got some new that got me the creeps, and, after reading narutofan.com, i found out that the 1¬∞ was fools day :S :S

Is there any way to still see the joke? (a link or something)

i took it down already since april fool’s over, but basically i made a yaoi version of brave soul

here’s the text i wrote:

First we have a new and exciting working title from Crowd. Due to the huge success of our bestseller title Brave Soul, Crowd and Peach Princess have decided to bring you the second Brave Soul title - Brave Soul Alternative! The game takes place shortly after our hero Rudy has defeated the Dark Lord and continues his life as a Hunter with his ex-rival Cobden as his partner. When the comedic duo spend more time together day and night, love starts to spawn between the two of them. How will they deal with their diginity as a man yet satisfy their desperate sexual desires and needs? How can Rudy convince his father and friends to accept him and Cobden as sexual partners…or perhaps lovers

The game system has been vastly improved for this highly-anticipated sequel. While the basic 2D-scrolling system remains the same, battle effects are completely redone with visually-pleasing 3D effects. Besides the core RPG element, there is also an AVG section where you can choose to play from Rudy or Cobden’s perspective on their relationship. In addition, with only Rudy and Cobden as your playable characters, Brave Soul Alternative now supports network play! You can now fight monsters and explore dungeons with your friends and loved ones for non-stop real-time man-to-man action! Click on the thumbnails below for some working screenshots.

Brave Soul Alternative will be our first Boys Love/Yaoi title, and will serve as our first step into the English yaoi gaming market. We hope to bring you more of the best yaoi titles from Japan in the near future so keep checking our page for updates!

[ 04-10-2007, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

It was much more convincing as the full package.