Brave Soul and about other games

The only thing is I think the original pictures are not in 3D and that is part of the trouble, they couldn’t easily place 3-D pictures in the game since they were not 3-D to start.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 04-22-2004).]

Besides, Peach Princess only translated Brave Soul, the game itself was made in Japan. So this isn’t really the right place to post design complaints and suggestions, since no one here can do a thing about it.

Bishoujo games aren’t about the graphics, they’re about story.
Only morons require 3D in their games to interest them.
There’s nothing wrong with 2D. If there was, those games would never have sold, and we wouldn’t be where we are today, with mostly 3D games which are all about eye-candy and sluggy gameplay.
Bah!

I would start by searching in the help section of this board and if you don’t find something after searching ask us but I am almost positive this has been asked in the past in the help section.

One hint though this is the wrong place for it, since it is not the help section, SPOILER

If you bought it then you don’t have the one Jim wants.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 05-22-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Bishoujo games aren't about the graphics, they're about story.
Only morons require 3D in their games to interest them.
There's nothing wrong with 2D. If there was, those games would never have sold, and we wouldn't be where we are today, with mostly 3D games which are all about eye-candy and sluggy gameplay.
Bah!

That's not really true all the time. Some games, like Ecchi na Bunny-san wa Kirai, are not really about the story at all. It's all about the sex. And what's the most important part of the sex scene? The CGs of course. You can't say voice because many bishoujo games are not voiced. On the other hand, many b-games are about the story. Either way, the graphics ARE important in bishoujo games. It's just not really important for them to be in 3D? Why? People like the anime style graphics! 3D is okay if you want something to look more realistic, but the 3D bishoujo games that are out now don't look that realistic anyway. But realism isn't the goal of bishoujo games anyway. Brave Soul could still have better graphics without being 3D. Utawareru Mono has nice 2D battle graphics and even nicer CGs. Still, I like Brave Soul. Isn't there a Brave Soul 2 being made? If there is, I really doubt it will be 3D but the graphics should still be imporved.

I doubt that it is in the making since it costed a lot for Crowd to make Brave Soul in the first place. Bishoujo RPGs also tend to not have sequels unless they are incredibly popular (Dragon Knight).

Yeah but isn’t harder to have a sequel with an RPG regardless of it being popular? That is much harder then a text game? Unless you build a chance for a sequel to be there, like the Star Wars type endind where the Death Star is gone but Vader escapes.

If you have an ending where the ‘evil’ is defeated but somehow there is a sign that something new lurks out there and the heores might be needed again, then I can see a sequel having a great chance of being made someday. The trouble with that is what if the sequel never gets made because it was popular but too expensive to make? Then you have a chance at a bad ending for the game.

In the non-RPG it can end happily ever after and you can still bring people back easier I think into another strange situtation. At least that is my thinking.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Yeah but isn't harder to have a sequel with an RPG regardless of it being popular?

Maybe, you want to take a look at this.
It's just fan-made software, but still fun and for free...