Brave Soul characters

In the demo Shell was an automatic meaning you didn’t have a choice in picking her but most of time i played with Caroll and Ruby.

[This message has been edited by cdog21 (edited 10-22-2003).]

It may be that simple in the demo (=choose your companions as you please), but it doesn’t work that way in the real game.

Personally I want a powerhouse attack group so I will choose caroll and ruby when I can do so

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
It may be that simple in the demo (=choose your companions as you please), but it doesn't work that way in the real game.

What do you mean it does not havee that way in the real game, each time you leave town you leave with certain people and you have no choice in the matter?

From what i understand… its alot like Final Fantasy 2 in that matter… where certaint points in the game will give you certaint characters…

hmmmm
After reading this thread would I be correct in saying that certain character’s only become available after a certain amount of time, but once a character becomes available they are always around … so at first your group is limited, but eventually you do get to pick and choose who’s in your group?

Just trying to understand this, sorry. :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
From what i understand... its alot like Final Fantasy 2 in that matter... where certaint points in the game will give you certaint characters...

But you get to at times interact with each character obviously, which I would guess lead you to various endings that have little to do with you dying and more to do with the girls that you end up with, or am I mistaken in that too?

Also I am curious about the answer to question asked by ScorpioMysterica, as I truly do not remember much about FinalFantasy 2, having played only a little of it at various times off an on while trying to house train a Dachshund puppy and then forgetting entirely about the game.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
The events in the game are still hard to predict but the limitation is do to the screen layout and fighting engine. If the
demo is like the game, you can only pick two other girls to fight on your side. The little dragon is always with you.I guess unlike most RPG games spell casting and fighting is generaly auto-magic for the players, fighting is quicker. Click,click,
click with the mouse and * boom * the dwarfs attacking are dead!

Now I am more confused, we can pick at least two girls or we cannot pick anyone and two girls are automatically chosen for us depending on the situtation?

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
You can pick 0, 1 or 2 girls for your quest.
As for what ladies you can pick will depend
on the events in the game.

So the number of girls being 2 as a maxium that can be picked does not mean you have to pick two nor do you have unlimited choice of which two to pick at any given time, but you have some choice of say, pick two of these three?

Sorry trying to understand something before I have it. Guess I am just excited and want to know as much about the basics as possible.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-04-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
So the number of girls being 2 as a maxium that can be picked does not mean you have to pick two nor do you have unlimited choice of which two to pick at any given time, but you have some choice of say, pick two of these three?

It's not that simple, at least in the parts of the game that I have played.

The girls join your party or leave as they please. You rather decide about which quests you go.
For example, you might meet sonme of them during that quest (because they are on the same quest) and they might decide to join forces. Or others might be already in your party, but don't like the quest that you selected, so they leave afer your decision.

So, you see, you don't simply go there and take them into your party like on a slave-bazaar, but they rather join you or leave you on their own accord.

quote:
It's not that simple, at least in the parts of the game that I have played.

The girls join your party or leave as they please. You rather decide about which quests you go.
For example, you might meet sonme of them during that quest (because they are on the same quest) and they might decide to join forces. Or others might be already in your party, but don't like the quest that you selected, so they leave afer your decision.

So, you see, you don't simply go there and take them into your party like on a slave-bazaar, but they rather join you or leave you on their own accord.

Ah okay I think I am starting to understand, but does that mean at times if they do not like the quest and you meet none that wish to join you, you might end up with only yourself and your dragon friend?

lol
For some reason I’m afraid if a girl wanted to leave my group I’d say “screw it, me and draggy will kick butt!!!” Just goes to show how spoiled girls are grinz, always want their way… whistles

Thanks Unicorn… that does make sense how you explained it…

quote:
Originally posted by ScorpioMysterica:
*lol*
For some reason I'm afraid if a girl wanted to leave my group I'd say "screw it, me and draggy will kick butt!!!" Just goes to show how spoiled girls are *grinz*, always want their way... *whistles*

Thanks Unicorn... that does make sense how you explained it...

You know that is what I was wondering, it is nice these are 'independent ladies' but the way to win the main characters heart, since that is obvious a subplot or major plot of this game, is not to say, "Oops look at the time, gee I'd love to help you with that quest but I've got this thing I have to be at at three, you understand right?" before turning and bolting. *kidding* Though in truth I have known girls to do similar when it comes to going places on dates and come back the next day and drag me around to about 8 stores looking for the perfect sweater.

However indeed, thank you Unicorn it is making a lot more sense now.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-04-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Ah okay I think I am starting to understand, but does that mean at times if they do not like the quest and you meet none that wish to join you, you might end up with only yourself and your dragon friend?

If you mean the ending of the game, I have to admit I have no clue. I haven't played the game yet through to any of it's end.

But it may indeed happen that you enter the guild with two girls in your party and leave the guild only with Shell. But at least in the first quests, you can take it for granted that you'll meet one of the other girls that are more "compatible" with the current quest later in the dungeon.

quote:
Originally posted by ScorpioMysterica:
*lol*
For some reason I'm afraid if a girl wanted to leave my group I'd say "screw it, me and draggy will kick butt!!!"

You'd better think twice before saying THAT to Marine or Ruby... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
If you mean the ending of the game, I have to admit I have no clue. I haven't played the game yet through to any of it's end.

But it may indeed happen that you enter the guild with two girls in your party and leave the guild only with Shell. But at least in the first quests, you can take it for granted that you'll meet one of the other girls that are more "compatible" with the current quest later in the dungeon.

Ah okay thank you again for this information.

Just got my own copies of the final release. I’m always the last to get them :slight_smile:

I am pleased with the way it came out. And the game is FAST on my new computer here. I had a slower machine during testing. It’s so fast I killed myself by fighting with the tab key down, doh.