Brave Soul vista problems

On Brave Soul’s page here on Peach Princess it says that BS is compatible with Vista. But whenever I put the CD in the drive it automatically starts playing the music from the CD. So I figure, I’ll just install it manually but when I click on SETUP.exe it opens what looks like the console windows then quickly closes. I’ve tried running it as an admin and with compatibility for every previous OS. Same thing happens with every .exe on the CD. Is there some work-around I don’t know about? Thanks

Hi, thanks for the email. Hmm, we’ll do some testing with this and see what the best way to proceed is. It installed normally for us when we tested it on our machine, though.

Are you using the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of vista 'cause they’ve only confirmed compatibility with the 32-bit version so if your using the 64-bit version then your pretty much out of luck but if your not (and I do mean using the 32-bit version) then you should get in touch with peter (he’s pretty much the boss) directly at peterpayne (at) gmail (period) com since it might get things sorted out that bit quicker.

Edit: darn I got beaten to it

[ 07-14-2007, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: demonix ]

I just did a test install on another Vista box here and it worked fine. It did prompt autorun for the music first, but if you close out of that and browse to the setup app on the install disc, right click, select “run as administrator” and you should be fine.

Might be a processor issue… are you running a dual or quad core processor?

I’m running a straight P4 3.4 g with 2GB of memory and have no problems running it in Vista.

A few things to try…

-Using the compatibility tab try disabling Desktop Composition, some cards have issues with Windows Aero and certain programs.

-Also run it as Adiministrator as well, this will help some issues Vista has with Legacy games as well.

No, I DO mind because it’s illegal. Software Piracy is very very Frowned upon here.

…ahem, here’s a suggestion.

if all else fails, simply copy all the files in the BRAVE_S folder to your computer and run the BRAVE_S executable and that should do the trick. that way u can bypass the installer if you have issues

with this i am going to lock the thread