Brave Soul

Hey guy’s someone tell me if im wrong but i found an Anime that is almost the same as the game. A legend about a Brave Soul that comes to Estamine and there is a city that is named minea and stuff like this.

Anime name is Book of Y’s or Y’s book

Y’s has no real connection to Brave Soul.

It’s a fantasy genre action RPG, but that’s about it.

Ys gets a rather lukewarm review at AOD. As far as I can tell, there’s no direct connection with Brave Soul.

The title we have heard about in that regard is Scrapped Princess. Its novel supposedly has the same character designer , Mogudan, as Brave Soul. The anime is supposed to be released in R1 next year.

Y’s is a series of RPG’s that came out on the SNES, and possibly on other platforms (I don’t know).

Well atleast i must say that after watching Y’s book and play brave soul it is very much alike

RPG’s in general have similar stories, especially the older ones. The story writer(s) for Brave Soul may very well have drawn inspiration from the Y’s games as well.

Y’s also had a brief run in the US on the PC. It’s really a quite popular PC rpg in japan though. Hence why it had 2 ovas dedicated to it.

Excluding the PC remakes, the Turbo Duo is the only good way to play the Ys games. 1-3 got USA releases while 4 is only an import. One of THE reasons to play Ys is for the excellent music which of course the SNES versions lack.