Brightia Plus (Cronus)

Brightia Plus is a renewal version of the Slave training game Brightia released by Cronus a couple of years ago.

Basically the plot goes like this, The main character is an Angel who’s had some problems because He’s an angel who’s into Bondage,S&M etc. He eventually gets the chance to redeem himself by “rehabilitating” 4 female demons who have been captured during a skirmish between Heaven and Hell.

-Basic gameplay works like this.
-You have 30 days to train.
-Each day is broken up into 4 segments
-You have 6 options to chose from each day
consisting of:
a.Training (obvious what you do here)
b.Visitation (visit with the female in question)
c. Rest (you can get tired from training so this takes a day segment but restores some of your strength)
d.Talk to your Superiors (This helps you learn new training techniques)
c. Study in the library (Learn new training techniques here as well)
d. Visit Earth (later in the game you can take the girls with you)

-The main key in playing is once you get to day 1, is to concentrae exclusively on which ending you want and plan from there
-There are 10 different endings which consist of
-Sex slave ending (individual) 4 (one for each girl)
-Sex slave (group) 1
-Good Earth ending 4 (one for each)
-Earth Group ending (can’t necessarily say it’s a good ending but it is funny)

Haven’t unlocked the new character yet for this edition, assuming Once I get all the regular endings I’ll unlock her.

For those who have played the original edition (like me) graphics have been updated to 800 x 600 resolution (up from 640 x 480) and all Graphics have been recolored from the previous edition, a nice improvement.

I’ll post an update later once I unlock the new character and play through her endings.

Unlocked Melty (the new character) and played through her ending.

Gameplay is similar to the first part except that you only have 1 girl to train this time.

-Still have some techniques to relearn and you only have 21 days to train her. While the girls in the first part got better the more they trained (you could train them in up to 6 techniques in 1 training session at the end of the game) you only get 3 per session with Mely and it doesn’t increase.

All in all not bad for a bonus and the save files are all streamlined into 1 file (original game used 3)

Here’s my review scores:

-Gameplay 8/10
-Replayability 8/10 (Play through once with bactracking to get all the sex slave endings, Play through 2nd time to get the Earth Endings, then once with Melty to get her ending)

-Graphics 9.5/10 (I love Cronus’s art)

Overall Score 9/10

-Just remember that this is my opinion of the game and if a Slave training game isn’t to your tastes you probably won’t like it, but if you like Slave training games you probably won’t find a better game then Brightia.

First of all:

Thanks for all the informations you gave us here! I was pondering myself regarding this game. I hoped it was something entirely new and now learned that I was mainly wrong:
It comes down to:
- redone graphics
- one axtra-scenario with a single path

Too bad it didn’t help me find an easy decision in this matter, though. Because I already have the original Brightia, shelling out the entire price for these small improvements is not easy, having all the other games on my list in mind…

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Unlocked Melty (the new character) and played through her ending.

By the way: what kind of demon is she?

quote:
-Just remember that this is my opinion of the game and if a Slave training game isn’t to your tastes you probably won’t like it, but if you like Slave training games you probably won’t find a better game then Brightia.

The “won’t find a better game”-part is of course also your opinion.

While I myself can’t claim to have an entire overview of the japanese market of slave-training-sims, there are a few already in my possession that I think are “better” slave-training-SIMs.

Examples:
- Urakazoku (Brand: Haoh):
Not only training four girls in different categories, but they can be even freely combined. And there are 41 different endings available…

- Blood Royal (Brand: Cherrysoft):
Only two princesses to be trained, but an even wider selection of trainings and the money for acquiring the necessary items has to be earned by taking on jobs - that in turn will decrease the available training-time. Also about 40 endings available here

- Deep2 (Brand: Selen Advance):
About 23 different endings. Training isn’t just based on uplevelling single trainnings, but on a matrix of training-level and character-development-level. There are two main trainees who will take different posistions later on and a third character that can be one out of two possible candidates that will join in later…

- Deep Fanatasy (Brand: Selen Advance):
Contains the same matrix-uplevelling system as Deep2. Characters are here from a medievial world: two princesses and a priestess/medium who looks very much like an elf and is one of the cutest trainees ever!

- Utsukushii Hime (Brand: rouge (Will))
Only two princesses to be trained, one of them very hard to find and add to the roster too. Besides the SIM-part, the ADV-part of the game is important (particulary for adding the second princess). Besides that, your assistand Uni is quite a cute handful and the item-making-system adds also a special appeal to this game.

Finally my old favourite, that made me start buying japanese games before I even had some noteable literacy in japanese:
- Dokusen (Brand: ruf (Will))
That game has been discussed here and here more than enough, so I won’t go again into too much detail here. However, Takanashi Yukino is still one of my favourite training-characters and made me fall in love with Hokuto Minami’s voice-acting (you can hear her as Hina in “Little My Maid” (yup, the “siren’s voice”!) and Mio in “Gibo”)

… and of course, these are also only my personal opinions too.

EDT:
Corrected the character-names from “LMM” (the real one!) and “Gibo”.
[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-15-2005).]

EDT2:
Small rework regarding typos, added links

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-16-2005).]

quote:
you can hear her as Mari in "Little My Maid" (yup, the "siren's voice!")

If you mean the "siren's voice", then you must mean Hina. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
If you mean the "siren's voice", then you must mean Hina. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Exactly!
* Edits posts *

There! All done!

Melty isn’t a Demon.

Spoiler Space
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

You’re training her to work in your Dept. of Heaven. Not sure if she’s an angel or not, because my Japanese isn’t real good, but she doesn’t possess any Demonic Features.

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 08-16-2005).]

quote:
Melty isn't a Demon.

[Spoiler-reply with reversed paragraphs]
.laeppa laiceps rieht sginiart-PS eht evag taht serutaef cinomed ralucitrap eht erew ti ,lla retfA .dab oot tsuj s'taht ....wwwwA

?emag niam eht ni mih ot ksat eht ngissa meht edam suht dna sroirepus sih ot snoissesbo sretcarahc niam eht delaever taht noisacco eht saw ti dna aithgirB ni neppah taht sgniht eht erofeb ecalp sekat yrots s'ytleM taht emussa I yam ,oS
[End of Spoiler-reply with reversed paragraphs]

Not sure when the “Plus” part takes place. Couldn’t tell from playing if it was before or after the main game.

Well, my comment here’s the same as Unicorn’s, nice that Brightia has been re-released, but I think I’m happy enough with the original myself. BTW, Unicorn, doesn’t Shin Aniyome also deserve to be mentioned in your list? ^_-.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
BTW, Unicorn, doesn't Shin Aniyome also deserve to be mentioned in your list? ^_-.

Not at all, because it isn't a slave-training-SIM like all the others, as you should probably even better know than I do. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Not at all, because it isn't a slave-training-SIM like all the others, as you should probably even better know than I do. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Okay, perhaps not quite a SIM, but a slave-training-ADV, then!