Bullet Butlers (the topic formerly known as Dies Irae)

** STEPS COMING CLOSER **

Arf, arf, arf. Sorry, i’m late!! :slight_smile:

** Check thread **

Hmmm… so, BULLET BUTLERS is really a great erogame, just like i imaginated? That’s good to hear. Definitely need to play this one. :smiley:

And considerating the fact PROPELLER is somewhat linked to WILL, maybe there’s a chance Peapri can translate it someday…

EDIT:

By the way, the game had twincide like you suspected, Narg? And what about Hel, she is finishable?

[ 01-14-2008, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

On the slim chance that we are able to license the game, I’d like to keep spoilers off the board as much as possible - I’m sure either myself or Narg would be happy to PM you with plot details if you like. :3

Time to go kidnap my boss… I mean, persuade him that this is worth pursuing. ^^

[ 01-14-2008, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

Only this one?
What happened to your raving about “MinDead Blood” and “Gore”? :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand.

** Checks PMs **

[b]

Here. Take it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lends a Holy Spiky Cub with Persuasion +10 against Bosses

If everything else fail… well, at least it’s still for sale at Himeya Shop.

[ 01-15-2008, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

I finally got a review of Bullet Butlers up, if anyone is interested. I tried to avoid major spoilers, but if you want to go into the game with a totally blank slate I’d recommend exercising caution before reading. ^^;

Just read the review and I greatly hope that this game is picked up and translated by you guys.

Left my two cents, but it needs to get approved. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well don’t forget about Futari de Hitotsu no Koigokoro… or Gun-Katana… or Sabae no Ou… or Nukenin… and I like Dies Irae too… well… damn…

I suppose if I kidnap Peter, you guys are never getting him back. I might have to grab other staff members as bargaining chips too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Message to those involved with OPERATION NARG IN-CHARGE. Abort. Abort. We need to reassess the plan and proceed with new direction. Shift to OPERATION LOOT AKIHABARA in the meantime and maintain cover. :cool:

[ 01-17-2008, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Very good review, indeed.

Serious Plot + Funny SD momments = WIN!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Gara is Yuki’s father?!! [i]SHOCK![/i] :eek:

Sorry to bring up a dead issue, but was Yunohana ever PROMISED by PP? I recall that they just threw out the name and tried to get a license, but failed, they NEVER PROMISED they could get it, making it a bad example…

Of course, this is just to bump this thread a bit now that BB is being considered for US release. Of course, they cant PROMISE anything, however, but it might be nice talk about it here.

I wasn’t sure where to post this - but I thought reviving the Dies Irae side half of the thread would be ok, to share a few of my impressions on the game. If this would fit better somewhere else, feel free to move it.

My copy of Dies Irae arrived yesterday and I reached ???'s ending (powering through the game as the level of Japanese required to fully understand it is WAY over my head). From the comments I read about the various promises light failed to keep, I initially thought it was a single route game, with the choices added to give a sense of interactivity, and so I was left rather unsatisfied by the ending, but very impressed by the game as a whole. I guess when there’s a choice between having only a few endings, with only some of the characters, and having a deeper single route with no divergences - I’d go for the second option in most cases. Given what’s happened though, the expansion pack should fix most of the problems in that regard.

Although the graphics are still a fair way off from the best I’ve come across in a ADV/VN, the artist for Dies Irae is very good and the character designs are quite striking. The music isn’t quite as strong, but it’s still suitably atmospheric and there’s a very good continuity between different tracks. While Dies Irae isn’t perfect, judging by the 30% I’ve seen, and perhaps the 10% of that that I understand, it’s still a very impressive game.

I was curious about one thing: Is Dies Irae related to light’s Paradise Lost at all? There’s a poster for Paradise Lost in Ren’s bedroom, and the games share some of the same staff, including the (lead) scenario writer. Additionally, from what I can tell, the games seem to share quite a few themes and influences (mythological, theological, literary etc).