Buying some new games

Well color me red and call me Suzie. I don’t really care. They could’ve found a different way to do it, I think. And yes, I will call it a damn scene, because that’s what it was to me. But, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I can definitely understand why you’d view it as a large stepping stone for them. It was, but my personal preference would be for them to find a different way to do it.

On a different note, I’ll probably wait a good while before I try Kana - Little Sister. I am not going to be in the mood for another tear jerker after a while, I’m definitely itching for something more light hearted.

You should get Come See Me Tonight 2. It’s not a deep game, and not a tear jerker. It’s simple enough, but the Miko theme makes it interesting. You can actually learn a little bit about Shintoism even though the translations are a little rough at points. I think you’ll like this one.

Ah yes, I’ve read about it a bit. I think I will check it out soon. It had good looking art and from the sounds of it, a pleasent story. Anyway, finished all happy endings of Crescendo tonight, including Miyu. Man, now that one really made me cry. Such a touching story. Touching or not I still don’t enjoy getting sad like that though.

quote:
Originally posted by Billybob:
Touching or not I still don't enjoy getting sad like that though.

Then, I have to recommend to you staying away from Kana-Imouto, because there are endings that have an even higher emotional impact than Miyu's ending in Crescendo. Particularly Ending 5 (Memories)...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 03-21-2005).]

I think that’s the ending I got my first time…

quote:
Originally posted by Billybob:
After I unlock more scenes and endings, I will move onto Kango Shicyauzo 2. I'm really looking forward to it!

I just got Crescendo and Kango Shicyauzo 2. I tried to start with KS2, but it seemed defective at first. I couldn't start it-kept on asking for the CD when the Game CD was already in. So I went onto Crescendo and haven't finished it yet, but I like it so far. I also found out why KS2 didn't load right. Apparently, it had to boot from the Install disk first and then you had to swap in the Game disk. A slight annoyance, since this has me juggling CD's every time I want to play the game. Almost makes me yearn for VirtualMate...ok, maybe not...but close.
Now that I know how to make KS2 work, I'll get to it eventually, but I'll enjoy Crescendo first.

BTW, off topic, but does anyone if they still sell Divi Dead commercially anymore? I've only heard good things from it on this board. I have a friend who has it on his computer and it has beautiful graphics, but his copy has no voice or sound effects which makes me suspect it's a "questionable" copy.

quote:
Originally posted by Whole 9 Yards:
Apparently, it had to boot from the Install disk first and then you had to swap in the Game disk. A slight annoyance, since this has me juggling CD's every time I want to play the game. Almost makes me yearn for VirtualMate...ok, maybe not...but close.
Now that I know how to make KS2 work, I'll get to it eventually, but I'll enjoy Crescendo first.

Can't you just insert the game CD and then click the .exe to start it?

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Then, I have to recommend to you staying away from Kana-Imouto, because there are endings that have an even higher emotional impact than Miyu's ending in Crescendo. Particularly Ending 5 (Memories)...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 03-21-2005).]

Yeah if you don't like getting sad, stay far far away from Kana. I still get a tear in my eyes thinking about kana [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

From DarkShiki:
"Can’t you just insert the game CD and then click the .exe to start it?"

Actually no.
I’m not sure why either. I put the game CD in and click the exe. I then get prompted to install the proper CD. It’s like it doesn’t recognize the game CD.
However, if I click the exe with the install CD inserted, the prompt will come to put the proper CD in and after I swap the install CD for the game CD, THEN it will start.

Weird.

[This message has been edited by Whole 9 Yards (edited 03-21-2005).]

"BTW, off topic, but does anyone if they still sell Divi Dead commercially anymore?"

shop.himeya.com still has Divi Dead in stock. They seem to be the only place left that has it, so buy it while you can…

And the game is fully voiced so your friend’s copy is probly not legit I’m afraid.

I admit I played a ripped version of Divi-Dead long in my past and yes, it’s missing the sounds - I’ve been on a vague lookout for a cheap copy ever since but only ever found jerks auctioning off CD-Rs. eBay hates me for the sheer number of people I report to them. (They don’t always do anything about it, either.)

… so many things to buy, so little money!

quote:
Originally posted by Whole 9 Yards:
From DarkShiki:
"Can't you just insert the game CD and then click the .exe to start it?"

Actually no.
I'm not sure why either. I put the game CD in and click the exe. I then get prompted to install the proper CD. It's like it doesn't recognize the game CD.
However, if I click the exe with the install CD inserted, the prompt will come to put the proper CD in and after I swap the install CD for the game CD, THEN it will start.

Yeah, that's just how that game is. I think that was some sort of piracy protection that GC used. It requires you to put in the install disc and click the .exe, and then once it sees that the install disc is in the drive you put in your game discs. So you have to swap discs every time you play which is a major pain. I'm gald that is the only game like that.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
Yeah, that's just how that game is. I think that was some sort of piracy protection that GC used. It requires you to put in the install disc and click the .exe, and then once it sees that the install disc is in the drive you put in your game discs. So you have to swap discs every time you play which is a major pain. I'm gald that is the only game like that.

I think G-Collections mentioned once that it was a bug in the copy-protection which caused this.

Dark_Shiki… that was a lot of wordage to say “because he’s a jerk”. Wouldn’t that have saved you some typing to just say that?

I had wondered. Thank you for replying.

quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:
Dark_Shiki... that was a lot of wordage to say "because he's a jerk". Wouldn't that have saved you some typing to just say that? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

If I thought it was that simple, then yes, I would have said "because he's a jerk" and left it that. I do try not to ramble for its own sake, you know. I simply gave what I thought was a complete response to your previous post. If you feel the length was unnecessary, then I shall endeavor to post unqualified remarks like "because he's a jerk" to your queries in the future.

That would have been much better for your point. From what you stated, you consider it fine for someone to use drugs or mind control or blackmail to force females to have sex with them, and its still a light game. So coersion is acceptable in light and bubbly romances. However, have a game that features a protagonist that says things like “I don’t like the way that guy was looking at you. I should go punch in his teeth and teach him to respect women a bit.”, and that’s “dark”. Or have him say “F*** you, you moron!” often enough, and that’s dark. As long as I know the measure you are using, then I can translate it to my viewpoint. Such as, having an alien watch your every move and take over every female that comes near you, using that body to try to hump you to death, leaving the poor gals screaming in thier imprisoned body “No! no! no!”. That would be story or light comedy/romance or sex romp in your scale. Because the main character is a nice guy.

Not a big deal, Shiki. As long as we end up buying and playing games we like. I had just wondered what element seperated Idols into the dark category, when much “meaner to the gals more often” titles weren’t in that category.

shrug It’s all good.

[This message has been edited by Darkstar (edited 03-23-2005).]

You seem to be taking my points out of proportion. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to illustrate by doing so. Obviously the nature of the protagonist alone doesn’t determine whether a game is dark or light. It is an important factor, however…enough for me to judge from a glance that this game doesn’t seem light.

I’m getting the same trouble as you guys with Kango Shicyauzo 2. Anyone know of a patch or anything to eleminate this? It’s not a real big deal, but it is somewhat irritating when I’m used to quickly starting my games.