C-G's Virtual-Mate?

I sortof stopped reading this thread a long time ago, and this is just my opinion but, we should at least try the system out first before we rule it out completely and go V-Mate bashing. Who knows? It might revolutionize the way we play. Then again, it may not, only the system will tell. And we won’t actually find out until the end of the month.

------------------
精神 の 神

The machine I play my b-games on isn’t connected. I really wanted this game too. I guess I’m screwed.

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
I sortof stopped reading this thread a long time ago, and this is just my opinion but, we should at least try the system out first before we rule it out completely and go V-Mate bashing. Who knows? It might revolutionize the way we play. Then again, it may not, only the system will tell. And we won't actually find out until the end of the month.

The same here.

Personally, i don't want to "Activate" a BGame i bought using internet connection and an Account created On-Line, even considerating i have in my PC WinXP and DSL. But if this VMate system really stop the piracy and DON'T prejudicate all us customers, i really don't care.

[OPTMISM MODE ON]
And anyway, who knows? Maybe VMate will be good news. Maybe this system will revolucionate the politics against piracy. Maybe many pirates, willing to play bgames with this system and can't, will start to buy legitimate copies, increasing the bishoujo game industry many times more.
Maybe, because this so much profit, G-Col and PeaPri will start to release more Story-Focused Bgames and from well-known companies too, like Elf, F&C, Giga, Age and Studio E-Go.
Maybe one day the Bishoujo game industry outside Japan will become so big than the industry inside Japan, just because G-Col released some games with this system.
[/OPTMIST MODE OFF]

And again, maybe not.
We don't know for sure. All we can do for now is wait. Wait, and PRAY.

Just 8 more days for the release date for LET'S MEOW MEOW (and 10 more for handling and shipping, in my case ^^'). Then, JUST THEN, we will know for sure. So let's give a try, first.

P.S.: And if everything else fails, well, at least G-Col TRIED to fight the Piracy.

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 10-18-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
A lot of people seem to be ripping on DOR. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] Is it really that bad? I've never played it, but it sounded vaguely interesting from the description...

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-17-2004).]

I invite you to read my DOR review at gamefaqs.

Wow. Only an hour long? That’s impressive, even for a b-game.

Thanks to that review, I have determined that DOR’s true value is $10.

Tomorrow, I’m paying $4800 US for attending the school I do now, and that’s only until January, when I have to shell out another $4800 for studying until summer. Do you know how many English bishoujo games I could buy with that money!? (Rhetorical question; the answer is 141, unless Norwegian customs intercept them, in which case it becomes 114).

If there is a system G-Collections can use in order to lower their prices, I personally need it now more than ever. Anything that lowers the price on their products is welcome at this point.

Ironically, though, in February my ADSL has to be renewed, which costs me $1200 (lasts one year). Any price lowering in G-Collections products will be eaten up by that bill, which I have to pay if I want to play their V-Mate products. Of course I would have paid the ADSL anyway, as I can’t very well live without internet (I’d go crazy), but still…

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 10-18-2004).]

ya know… this entire thread could be counted as a protest thread… we should mail it in… along with the one on the G-C website…
And the ones that posted here are just the ones tha chose to voice their opinion… think about how many fans that might not post that have chosen to already boycott…

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 10-18-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
ya know... this entire thread could be counted as a protest thread.. we should mail it in.. along with the one on the G-C website...
And the ones that posted here are just the ones tha chose to voice their opinion.. think about how many fans that might not post that have chosen to already boycott...

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 10-18-2004).]

OR...They MIGHT have decided to NOT Boycott... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Noirbo:
OR...They MIGHT have decided to NOT Boycott... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

You Know... I had some time on my hands so I skimmed through the entire thread really quick to see how many people are dead against the idea of V-Mate and how many people are willing to give it a try...

My Observation ->

# of People who are dead against : # of People who are willing to give it at least a chance

IS

9:9

Interesting # don't you think? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
That was just a rough # I got. Might be a bit off...But Yeah...

[This message has been edited by Noirbo (edited 10-18-2004).]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Noirbo:
[B]
My Observation →

9:9

Well i persionally will give 1 title a try… and given the type of title compared to the ones that have been getting released as of late i feel a need to get it… but i guess my point was… people in general dont like the idea… up until they made this decision i was a “Ill buy em all reguardless,because i support the industry” type customer, now… because i have to register and may not play some of the titles anytime soon, ill pick and choose the titles.

GC seems to have revised their V-Mate description yet again. Now they are saying

quote:
Upon completing the registration process, you will be required to submit your username and password each time you start up the game.
No more mention about “connecting to V-Mate when you start the game”. Has the online requirement changed? Check the Let’s Meow Meow! story description in the product list.

Oh yeah, and the price is officially $39.95.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 10-18-2004).]

I think it’s a copy/paste mistake on G-collection’s part. As I remember, that particular passage is the same exact message that they had up before on the top page (which they subsequently editted).

Also, it says they’re remodeling the BBS. Think they saw my suggestion?

quote:
I think it's a copy/paste mistake on G-collection's part. As I remember, that particular passage is the same exact message that they had up before on the top page (which they subsequently editted).

Also, it says they're remodeling the BBS. Think they saw my suggestion?

It's a copy-paste issue. The site text is usually pulled from stock statements, and if the stock statement has an error, that error will always occure unless someone notices it.

reads the info for Let’s Meow Meow!

hmmm… I’m not surprised to learn that VM will be installed as a separate program (which will probably be used to connect to G-C server). Final Fantasy XI, for example, uses a launcher program to connect to the internet as well. However, I should note that sometimes these programs cannot establish a connection to the server, for whatever reason (firewall, router issues, etc.). And G-C should be prepared to handle consumer questions on how to resolve this issue.

I have to give G-C credit. . . they’re lowering the price of LMM by 10 bucks. So if there is ever a sale on this game (such as through Rightstuf’s weekly specials), don’t be surprised to see it go for 30.

quote:
Also, it says they're remodeling the BBS. Think they saw my suggestion?

I think they're "remodellng" b/c they're tired of seeing us ranting and raving at their bbs.

That could be it too.

Of course, then you guys will just move it over here.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
But if this VMate system really stop the piracy and DON'T prejudicate all us customers, i really don't care.

Actually, you ought to have that included in your OPTMISM MODE-bracket.

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 10-23-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Noirbo:

I am very glad that I don't have o decide about boycott and not boycott because it won't work on my not web-connected PC and thus there is no point in buying it anyway.

But perhaps, not buying Slave Pageant, Come see me tonight 2 and Idols galore because Virtual Mate(tm) prevents me from playing Let's meow meow pisses me off may count as a boycott as well...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-19-2004).]