Cannot run Lightning Warrior Raidy 3 upon installation

Hello.

Yesterday I bought LWR3 off Jast USA’s website and downloaded the zip file with no problems. Upon download I extracted the zip file into 3 setup files:

• “Raidy III setup” with size 1.953.130 KB
  • “Raidy III setup.2” with size 1.953.125 KB
  • “Raidy III setup.3” with size 5.504 KB

I ran the exe fule and installed the game into the default folder. However, I cannot run the game at all. Upon trying to start the game the error window pops up saying “Raidy3.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”

What might be the cause for it, and how might I solve the situation?

Have you tried running the Windowed executable instead of the full-screen one?

Have you tried installing the game to a non-protected folder like a folder on your desktop?

Yes, both windowed and full-screen exe files came up with same error.

I didn't try your second suggestion just yet - currently redownloading the game.

You likely would've gotten an error during extraction if the download was corrupt. I don't think that's the issue, but you can verify if you want.

Game redownloaded, and installed to a folder on my desktop. Upon trying to run both windowed and full-screen executables the game gives me “raidy3.exe is not a valid win32 application”.

it's simple, actually. I can't play the game as well as I'm receiving the same error. The game WON'T RUN on Windows XP, even though JAST USA say so. JAST USA should have screwed something up, because the original japanese game does run over Windows XP.

pseeker, I think we may be on the money. On this PC I have problems with I have WinXP installed.

just managed to make it run on Windows XP. But I'm using a modified .exe to run it. Until JAST USA release some official patch, I'll be using it. Better than just throwing my money away.

Might as well upload the fixed EXE file. JAST's releases don't have any DRM to circumvent, and no one's going to be able to do anything with a lone EXE file.

Someone else asked me to look into this.

After looking at the program's PE Header, I found the problem. The 'Major Operating System Version' and 'Major Subsystem Version' numbers were set to 6. Those parameters specify the MINIMUM Windows version that is required. For XP to run the Raidy .exe files, those numbers should be set to version 4. The Windows program loader code doesn't give specific error messages, so that's why you just get the generic 'Not a valid Win32 Application' error message.

In other words, the IDIOT who compiled the program didn't set the minimum OS version numbers correctly; The linker's OS version parameter needs to be changed.

If you don't want to wait for a patch, then get a hex editor program (a free one like HxD) and make these changes.

For both Raidy3.exe and Raidy3_Windowed.exe files:

1) At file offset 158, change the '06' to ''04'

2) At file offset 160, change the '06' to '04'

I won't upload files because it is illegal to upload (i.e. share) copyrighted files.

Whoever reads this message, please pass this information around the internet so that other people won't have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for a patch. You can also pass this information on the JAST for me, because I won't bother. (I'll probably start chastising them about their bloated, slow programming --their use of complete garbage like LUA is a dead giveaway.)

We're getting a patch ready soon to fix the AR129A123 problem, the xp problem and the video and spelling mistakes. I'll make "official" modded files for the XP fix and post them in the next day or so after I test it.

@ASM Is Best: Thanks for the fix.