Can't figure out how to download after purchase

I just bought two new downloadable games from g-collections and I can’t figure out how to download them. I keep on going back to the site but there’s no link. Am I just being completely ignorant to the most obvious answer or is something wrong?

download what? vertual-mate or games…I went to the G-collection site and I can’t find any download games…Do you have link to it? where I can find download games^^;

quote:
Originally posted by Computermania:
download what? vertual-mate or games...I went to the G-collection site and I can't find any download games...Do you have link to it? where I can find download games^^;

Go to any of the games, to the right of the big splash pic, there's a dropdown menu for delivery method. Most now have a choice between download or CD-ROM.

And you'll probably want to contact them by email, if they haven't sent you the way to download.

Yeah I agree, this is the last time I’m choosing the download option. Next time I’ll try to be patient and wait for my order in the mail.

Has anyone had a good experience with this downloading system? Can anyone verify if it actually exists?

(I have no idea what the problem is - most of us shareware/indie people really do offer near-immediate downloads - an email within a few minutes or hours at most. The longest delay if you buy downloadable games from me is if you choose the personal paypal option, you have to wait for me to wake up and read my email and create a link for you.)

[Edit - Someone did contact me and say they’d received download instructions within a business day. So at least the system does appear to actually exist. ]

[This message has been edited by papillon (edited 11-17-2005).]

I have the same problem, paid for a game to download but got nothing but a recipt. They sure get the money right away, but I guess they don;t care about supplying the product to their potential future customers.

If anyone else has been able to download a game please let us know and I will do the same. Thank You.

I finally got the email with my vmate code, but when I downloaded it, the file viewer window said that it would take 67 hrs to download it. I hate dial up!

Hi and sorry you’ve been having troubles. The downloads are big – about 450-650 megs in each case, so it’s best if you order the CD-ROM version if you’re on a modem. We can upgrade you to the CD version at no extra cost.

We haven’t had many problems with the downloads all in all, although one thing I’ve noticed is that some of the download accelerators seem to cause slower speeds and possibly use up the 5 download attempts at once, as they restart. The best thing to use is Firefox, in our opinion, and just do a straight download. If you need the download counter to be reset, just email us (sales (at) jastusa.com).

If you didn’t get your download link, it probably means you’re using Yahoo or Hotmail and the mail got stopped by them. Please email us again and we’ll send the link from different addresses.

Hey all, OK I’t seems to take two days, or more, to get an email that tells you you will be getting another email in a day or two with the code. When you finally get the code you can go to http://support.g-collections.com/ and download the game. I asked to be switched to a cd rom version but have not heard from them yet.

So who would I have to contact to change the download to a cd copy?

Thanks everyone for all your help!

"Has anyone had a good experience with the VM system"

holds his hand up

I have.

I live in the UK and getting games shipped over here is a pain in the rear. So a few weeks back I tried buying one of the download version games from Jlist. Thanks to the wonders of Japanese time, I ordered, went to bed and when I woke up the code was waiting for me.

For me, all I needed to do was click a link in the email, type in my code and then click a final link to download the game.

The hardest part is the first download and setup, after that it’s simple.

So simple I ordered another 4 games.

I will say one thing, it would be nice if Jlist could include a paragraph in the order summary along the lines of "please add this (insert email address) email address to your address book, this will stop your spam filter inadvertantly putting your 4 new game codes in the spam folder"

But if you don’t want to wait for the games to arrive, if you live thousands of miles away, or if you just don’t want these kind of games being delivered to your house via the mail, use the download option, it works!

Yakumo

And that’s a lot to download if you have dial up.

[This message has been edited by mlizzy (edited 11-28-2005).]