Can't install Crescendo

A couple of days ago I contacted J-List’s Support Center with this, but I thought I might as well post in here and see if anyone can help while I wait for a reply. (How long do they usually take to respond?)

Several years ago I bought and played the CD-ROM version of Crescendo on my old Windows XP machine without any trouble. I’ve been trying to install the game on my current PC (XP SP3), but after pressing “Execute” I almost immediately get an error message stating “Failed to copy file”. When I click “OK” the installation stops and deletes the file and directory.

Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Sorry, double post

Sounds like either a defective CD or the harddrive you’re trying to copy to being full or nearly full, alternatively that you don’t have administrator rights and can’t install anything there (doubtful since you would’ve noticed earlier). The cd-rom drive itself might be having issues too, I suppose. Easiest way to test for a defective cd or cd-drive is to test it on a different PC.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Defective CD is the most likely issue. There are no problems with the drive; last week I installed Downhill Night, and yesterday re-installed Chain to make sure that there’s no specific problem with older G-Collections titles.

Don’t know if I’ll be able to get a replacement install disc, but I suppose it can’t hurt to ask.