Capturing Pics from Vids - Help wanted!!!

Hello,

I need help.

I’m trying to capture a scene in a form of jpeg from any movie file. (AVI, MPEG, MPClassic, Divx, DAT, MKV, etc.) The problem is that it won’t work with Snagit 8 nor with VirtualDub. Even with the hardware accelerator down to the lowest setting I still could not capture a pic, meanwhile VirtualDub was suggested from a friend of mine and it can’t even do SHIT!

For any technical experts out there, or for anyone with a suggestion, please help by providing any info here and I’ll test them out. Thx.

Yoono

You could always just take a screenshot in full-screen mode and paste it into an editor (MS Paint), right?

I usually use Hypercam if i’m lazy as all hell otherwise the old fashioned way works
“print screen” then copy and pasting to Paint, selecting the area I want, clicking on it, copy it , open a new file, paste it, voila~

Been there, done that, and it does nothing.

I tried Hypercam recently and it too does nothing. Argh this is frustrating!!! I said I already tried capturing a scene from a movie by using the command key “Print Screen” under the hardware acceleration of “none” in order to make a snapshot from Windows Media Player. When I pasted it on MS Paint it did paste but I realized it was not solidly pasted because as I moved the MS Paint the whole program moved but the image stay fixed - in the same frame as the original from WMP. I need help solving this problem or a new system to capture video scenes into a picture.

I really appreciate your guy’s help but somehow I’m not getting any results. Anybody else?

I used Nero Show Time and Photoshop/ImageReady. I used slow speed for capturing image from video. Then I pasted it on Photoshop (JPEG), or ImageReady (GIF and JPEG). You can use MS Paint or other painting programs, too. I will try Macromedia programs for capturing pictures from videos.

JPEG- only one page
GIF- more than one page

I just did it with the OP for Shakugan no Shana, worked fine for me. Maybe it depends on the encode. This file was an avi, probably encoded with Xvid.

Are you playing the video on Windows Media Player?

• Open Window Media Player
  • Then go to Tools | Options
  • In Options, select the Performance Tab
  • Way below you click on the Advanced Button
  • Uncheck “Use Overlays”
  • Click Ok
  • And you are ready.

I tried it with Nero Show Time and with Photoshop/MS Paint, but it didn’t work even with slow speed.

Tried it but still didn’t freeze the frame.

Maybe this info will help:

*The movie file was downloaded from a torrent
*It is an SRT file type
*I have Snagit 8
*I have the following media players:
**Windows Media Player
**Divx
**Winamp
**Media Player Classic

I tried capturing a picture from a movie file with all the listed players and still couldn’t capture a solid frame. Please help!

Open any art programs like MS Paint, Photoshop/Image Ready, GIMP, Macromedia (Freehand, Dreamweaver?, others), and others
Nero Showtime- open, if you want to find best frame, then press slow down and pause. If you will like frame, then press right button for opening “capture frame” or ALT C on video.

Then select “New” on art program. Select paste it.

If you may not understand, then you may look it at google search engine.

I found tutorial in google search engine.

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/newslet … 8.asp#art3