Castlevania Twincest

finished twincest mode in less than a day…kinda disappointed that it’s rather short mainly because they can literally fly anywhere and loretta’s machine gun attack can even kill finalguards quite easily

Twincest mode is easy because:

Twincest > Everything

:slight_smile:

As for Charlotte: don’t get me wrong, she’s cute. But there’s only one of her. :smiley:

speaking of twincest voice acting…i just find it weird when loretta switches to stella under english voice mode she yells “sister”…but of course i can’t think of a better word for “oneesama” :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, i would agree that it’s rather unique because you totally rely on the stylus to play, thus finally making use of DS’s functions, finished it in less than 2 hrs

started playing richter mode currently; now this is challenging since they are vulnerable to poison/curse/stone, and it seems that both richter and his partner has the same defence/mind rating…i managed to made it up to the final staircase but they are still too weak to kill the final boss although i haven’t made use of genbu so that may be the case

i still like SoTN better although this is a huge improvement compared to other gba/nds titles bringing it closer to SoTN in terms of quality. sometimes the tag function is a bit annoying and i must say that the weapon choice/attack pattern variety is not as rich as SoTN and that is my main disappointment for all castlevania titles since. shield rod anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

now obviously i dont expect a belmont to use anything other than vampire killer, but for the soma games and this one, there’s tons of opportunities for weapon variety

and for the colisseum section, finally managed to clear it. i was able to beat 2 frankies with crosses and grandcross combos, and the rest was relatively a breeze (the fake trios requires some patience though). and not to mention the final boss there is dead easy (“her” AI is way too dumb :stuck_out_tongue: ) and the “greatest 5” combo…i think i prefer grandcross more personally

speaking of which, do you have a friend code for the game?

[ 11-30-2006, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

Naw… I sorta stay away from the online parts of the DS. I have enough vices as it is already. :wink:

BTW, it seems the Charlotte fan club has been growing more. Got this NSFW image off the GameFAQ forum:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2559/selfgonecensoredfa6.jpg

[ 12-12-2006, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

This game is a blast. Levelling seems to be more graduated this time around, 'cos boss fights seem to be more of a endurance match rather than puzzle matches in DoS. Boss fights are very very satisfying.

Had to turn on the Japanese voices, I just can’t stand the English ones :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll post friend code as soon as I can get on WFC. Wonder how the co-op mode works.

UPDATE: I found the Co-Op mode of CV a bit underwhelming… it’s basically a smaller boss rush mode, and if you get through it real fast, you’re rewarded with some cool stuff, I got an Astral Ring and an Invisible Cape, don’t know how good the Invisible Cape actually is against the CPU, but it seems like a good gimmick nonetheless.

Anyways, here be my Friend Code:

4209-9320-5294

[ 12-14-2006, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: bokmeow ]

but dont you get astral rign and invis cape in the regular boss mode as well?

i actually preferred the english voices over the japanese voices…at least for jonathan/charlotte mode

have you guys tried playing hard mode with level cap?
i am playing it right now with level01 cap and currently at the second set of portraits now (just beat the pharoah last night)

ADD:
just finished level01 cap hard mode :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 12-19-2006, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

I should do level 01 cap hard mode. The only way to modify your stats is to just load up on all the most powerfulest accessories, weapons and armours right? Which by the second run one would own anyways.

no, the key to beat level01 cap hard mode is to have the following:

chaos ring (you get it by completing all quests, gives you the same MP recover rate as the curse status would drain your MP, so no it’s not infinite MP but it’s close enough)

old type armor (almost every enemy will give you at least 100 damage per hit and this armor will make you receive damage at 10% of your max HP regardless of how powerful the attack is, you get it by killing the blue old axe armors)

heal spell (have her heal you everytime you get hit, with chaos ring you should be able to get almost infinite heals if you wait a bit, you know where to get this)

your dual attacks will do negligible damage in level01 cap so dont bother using them, maybe except ones that give you a few seconds of invincibility such as grand cross or meteor strike to get you out of trouble

and your luck will be so low in level01 cap that you shouldn’t bother hunting for item drops in that mode

if you have the old type armor, then jonathan can just concentrate his other equipment on ATK and INT boosts (DEF rating is pointless now because damage received is now based on percentage). i use cross as my subweapon for 99% of the time

and given that your damage received is based on percentage, you should avoid getting any HP max up potions at all costs (it will just make the heal spell less effective), but should get every single MP max potions at all costs (since you will not get any MP boosts via level ups)

that’s my advice, good luck

[ 12-21-2006, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

I’ve noticed that enemies with elemental attacks deal considerably less damage if I up Charlotte’s Mind stat up. That had been the trick to help me get through the gauntlet that is Nest of Evil. and then the rest was just old-fashioned evasion tactics. But I see what you mean with the old type armour for Jonathan, by wearing that, it means he can take 10 hits before buying the farm, instead of what is it, 4 hits? I’m fooling around with Richter right now, hard lvl 1 cap mode, lemme tell you, it ain’t no walk in the ballpark, partner is key.