Castlevania Twincest

What is this!? Do my eyes decieve me!?

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/dracula_ds2/character/index.html

Twins in the DS Castlevania? Whee!

Hmmm… they seem to suffer from “daddy syndrome” though…

[ 11-08-2006, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

yup, there will be twin vamps in the game
as a castlevania fan since the very first title, i will definitely be playing it

Wai! A fellow Castlevania fan! :slight_smile:

Which one did you like most?

Me? I liked Castlevania 3 for the NES. Don’t get me wrong though, SOTN is great - but Castlevania 3 was just so darn HARD to beat. I loved that!

I hated Lament of Sorrow. Curse of Darkness is better, but I’m just not all that crazy for the 3D titles (Devil May Cry wins in that arena for the supernatural hunter series).

But the GBA and DS titles were really, really fun for me - although a bit on the easy side IMHO (less challenging levels and bosses, more collecting).

From the preview reviews I hear about this new DS title, it focuses on the difficulty again. Me like!

Well… that and those sexy, sexy twins!

Combination attacks/magic = SYMETRICAL DOCKING

On a side note: have you noticed the story plot involving elements from the SEGA Genesis Castlevania (Bloodlines IIRC) in this new DS title? I wonder if the uber hawt Countess Bartley is coming back. :smiley:

[ 11-08-2006, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

my fav will have to be SOTN although 3 is one of my favs during my childhood and i dont find it hard even when i was a kid, and that doesnt include the second quest of course

if you want difficulty, try rondo of blood (but you will most likely have to play with a emulator) and only play as richter

for the continuity on the upcoming DS title, didnt they mention that the guy with the whip is a descendent of the whip guy from bloodiness? same Morris last name

[ 11-08-2006, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

I played Rondo via emulator. To be honest, I didn’t find it all that hard. Then again, I first got it about a year ago (was hard to find a WORKING ROM, let me tell ya), and I’m way better at games these days than before when I first played Castlevania 3… or at least I like to think so. :stuck_out_tongue:

On the continuity thing: yeah, it’s another Morris. Not only that, but it’s taking place in the timeframe of WW2, which is just a bit after the timeframe of WW1 in Bloodlines.

Plus, there’s an interview floating around (gotta find that link), where Koji Igarashi mentions characters from Bloodlines might (stress on the might) make a cameo.

Dude, this game rocks!

Harder than SOTN in my honest opinion - the boss battles at least.

Wait till ya see the Stella & Loretta tag team. Like the Kohaku & Hisui team up in Melty Blood, its divine goodness! :slight_smile:

PS: English voice acting for the US version of the game is rather good… better than what CAPCOM did for Megaman at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Tn2V7Skx4

[ 11-14-2006, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

…its out already?

Came out in Japan on the 14th. US version isn’t until early December, but DS games don’t have region lockout, so my American DS works with Japanese ones.

Some of the interface and menu are in English, but the game itself is Japanese.

I wanted the Japanese version cause I get the feeling the “twincest” innuendo will be taken out of the American version. You can see Charlotte’s panties when she crouches… might be taken out the US version too. :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^ is correct.

I did reserve Castlevania Portrait of Ruin at EB store because I wanted Collector’s Edition. It will come out in December.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160362.html
http://planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=12283

alright, im going out to get the game (jp version) like…now :stuck_out_tongue:

been busy playing ff5 advance (jp version) for over a month now, doing nothing but killing over 2000 stone statues and 50 gil turtles :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 11-16-2006, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

Whoa… got this from GameFAQ’s:

The text is still in Japanese, but this is a neat feature. Makes one wonder why the title wasn’t released in the US already.

just bought mine today and been playing for quite a while…

and ya i activated the english voices, it just sounds better/more natural given it’s a western setting (like mgs)

so far i dont find the game to be too hard, i usually die on my first try for boss battles but for the second time around i can beat them in a cinch

maybe that’s because i have been actively levelling up and item hungry and kept killing monsters…mastering darts for jonathan really helps

Yea. If you’re too high, the game gets too easy. That’s why after you beat it, there’s a “level limit” option for the second tiem around.

I’m not much of a collector, so when I get to the bosses, they can kill me in 3 or 4 hits easy. On top of this, some bosses have moves where the window to evade them is really, really small.

My goal, after playing a Castlevania for so long, is to complete it from beginning to end without getting hit… and this one doesn’t make it easy. :stuck_out_tongue:

just found this out by accident

have the character standing and press up (and dont move) and hold the button for a several seconds…

So, would it be advisable to get the Japanese version of the game, since it sounds like it’s fully translated into English?

all written text is still entirely in japanese; only the english voices were errhm, pre-recorded in the japanese version…which isn’t much since the voices are pretty much just battle cries/dialogue and have no real significance to the storyline etc

so unless you can understand japanese and be able to get what’s happening/how to solve puzzles/quests, or rely on a walkthrough, then wait for the english version to come out

remember that this is a nintendo DS game, not a PS2 game where the game can run entirely on voices…

[ 11-22-2006, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

I second what Lamuness said. Just wait for the US version if you can’t read Japanese. Also, the US version is out on December 5th… so its not all that long a wait anymore. :slight_smile:

Yo Lamuness! Have you beaten the game yet? The “twincest” mode is great. :wink:

playing the game slowly without any walkthrough help of course…got a bad ending trying to kill the twincest but that was because i skipped the dialogue before the battle which had the following hint by charlotte:

“i might be able to come up with something, jonathan back me up”

which made things a bit too obvious afterwards :stuck_out_tongue:

i am at the point of fighting the last 4 portraits and the last boss i have beaten was frankie…currently trying to get 100% map coverage for previous portraits now that i have scored vision-eye from peeping eyes which will detect breakable walls

and currently no plans to un-seal vampire killer’s power since it looks like it’s a one-way shot and will likely lead to a bad ending (you know which spoiler i am referring to :stuck_out_tongue: )

[ 11-23-2006, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

just beat the game but not the best ending since i didn’t un-seal vampire killer yet (actually dunno how to :stuck_out_tongue: ) but playing errhm, “twincest” mode for a bit now, quite interesting

bosses aren’t too hard and i tend to avoid using items to heal and rather fight till the end, the only boss (besides the colisseum ones) that inflicts sizable damage (as in 3-digit) is the final boss battle, but that becomes a cinch once you get some helpful skills such as the cross boomerang and the grandcross combo, which of course cost me quite a few mind-ups etc

but i am only half way though the colisseum section; i can’t get past 2 frankies since that’s alot of HP to drain down for the both of them :stuck_out_tongue:

but i did get every single tech for jonathan and mastered all of them…2 left for charlotte…and god, how am i supposed have her deliver the fatal blow to that fishy boss with just the “white-paper book” weapon?

and if you ask me, i like charlotte more than twincest, mainly because of her miniskirt and the way she tries to hide her panties while getting up from crouching :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 11-28-2006, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]