Casual Romance Club

…is the game of the month for January (again, I know). $24.95 is a great price for this game, which is totally in a class by itself when it comes to the games we can enjoy in English, both for the game itself, which lets you choose between English text or voice, and for the large packaging and included art book. So… get it before the price goes back up.

http://www.jlist.com/search/crc001

Yay, I’ve been meaning to pick it up. Now I can on the cheap.

It’s a good deal. I paid almost $80 for it.

Sorry, that “free SAL shipping” line was an error, the displayed shipping charge is the correct one. Apologies for the confusion.

This is one of my favorite releases, and back when it came out for 80$ i was happy to pay it, as i hoped that it would one day help these companies port over games with the understanding that we want them too, and cencored, was fine with me, just wanted to see em come over.
But for anyone that didnt pick it up, please do, its a good title, each char has a story and alot of thought involved in dating them… Best date sim released in english.

A good price, i ordered it 1 min ago ^^

$25 is a pretty good price for the game, but I never got into it as much as some other people have.

I loved it, and booting it to get some screenshots, I found myself deep into the game. Really refreshing concept that I’d like to see expanded on in the future. I mean, having to be careful of this girl while you went after her friend, that’s so realistic.

(Speaks slightly from experience.)

It’d be cool to see a game that was really designed as a training tool for guys starting dating. Breaking down women into the various classes, teaching you how to deal with them. Course if it was too realistic there’d be problems. The scizo, the clingy girlfriend, the girl who wants to pick out curtains just because you asked her out twice, the silent type of girl who is so boring she’d put you to sleep on a date.

On second thought, maybe they shouldn’t make these games too realistic.

I’m terrible at dating so I could really use a game like that.

I think the game is a great example of the dating genre, but I think it’s just I don’t like that genre too much or at least not without any character I really like. There wasn’t a character that really appealed to me in CRC, so I guess that’s why I didn’t enjoy it.

you have to realize that this game was translated by a japanese crew. So they used words they knew and thought would be best, and sometimes i agree they could have done better. but its just something to take into account… i bet they had 1 english advisor for the entire translation, and he wasnt consulted about every single word.

Yes, it could be worse though. I’m sure they had professional help for it to be as good as it is.

Yeah, it’s a great game. Gets confusing if you turn on the Japanese voices sometimes since the characters all have very different names in Japanese.

BONUS: It is endless fun to abuse the name your character feature. But remember to use the First Name field for the humor, no one uses your last name through like the whole game. I’m personally a fan of the Zero Punctuation method as he stated in his Phantom Hourglass review.

Double Bonus: Also works with the original non-voice version of Kango Shicyauzo.

Ultimate Bonus: Use it on an RPG. TRUST me on that one.

But remember to use the First Name field for the humor, no one uses your last name through like the whole game. I’m personally a fan of the Zero Punctuation method as he stated in his Phantom Hourglass review.

That just reminded me of his review of Mass Effect.