Casual Romance Club

I just ordered this game. Can anyone give me a review on the gameplay/graphics?
How is the storyline?
I admit…I jumped in blindly and ordered it.

you just made the best decision of your bishoujo career, the story is awsome, the attempt at english dubbing by japanese girls will prolly make you laugh (u can turn this option on and off) the graphics are a tad out of date… (not bad at all though)
based on current english translated titles, i give it a 8.5-9.0 out of 10…

Oh yea, theres like 12 girls… and i garantee the first time though you will not get all the scenes possible for the first girl you pick… i can GARANTEE you that!

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 10-07-2003).]

deleted
double post

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 10-07-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
you just made the best decision of your bishoujo career, the story is awsome, the attempt at english dubbing by japanese girls will prolly make you laugh (u can turn this option on and off) the graphics are a tad out of date... (not bad at all though)
based on current english translated titles, i give it a 8.5-9.0 out of 10..

Oh yea, theres like 12 girls... and i garantee the first time though you will not get all the scenes possible for the first girl you pick... i can GARANTEE you that!

Are the pronunciations like King of Fighters funny?

Examples:

Blue Mary quotations ~

"I Did!" I guess this is a misinterpreted translation of "Yatta!"

Terry Bogard quotations ~

"Powaa Dahnk!"

"Powaa Gaysaa!"

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Are the pronunciations like King of Fighters funny?

Examples:

Blue Mary quotations ~

"I Did!" I guess this is a misinterpreted translation of "Yatta!"

Terry Bogard quotations ~

"Powaa Dahnk!"

"Powaa Gaysaa!"

Not to mention two of the most disputed lines in Fatal Fury/King of Fighters:

Terry Bogard
236236 + K --> "Overheat Geyser!" (or... "Oh! My Sh*t Geysaa!!!")

Mai Shiranui
(winning pose) --> "Nippon ichi!" (or... "Me Bouncy!!!")

I ordered it due to the opening theme and the way the game looks…now…I have to wait.

no no… the translation is almost flawless… its just the japanese girls are trying to pronounce those words… not doing so bad… but the japanese accent is so strong (and they do still struggle with some words)hmm its hard to explain ya know it?

By no means do i think its bad, i actually agree… i guess heres how im going to put it.

Its actually kinda cute how hard that try to get the words right, and considering they prolly dont speak english on even a monthly basis… they did really good.

The English dialogue is teh funny.

To the original poster; I’ve only had Casual Romance Club for two days, but it’s been two days of sheer enjoyment. CRC is one of those games that takes over your entire life - when I’m not playing I’m thinking about how I should approach the game the next time.

The difficulty curve is excellent too; some girls are easy, some require a little work and some are tough as nails. It’s nice to really get your brain in gear and actually think about the choices of conversation.

Aside from a few niggly things, Casual Romance Club is close to the perfect game as far as I’m concerned.

I’m with Interzone. It’s an excellent game, for, um, the reasons he(?) said. Not much more to say (Well, there is, and I’ve reviewed the game elsewhere on the web. But for brevity’s sake, I won’t say it all here. )

Okay…it just came today…big box…I like the manual.

I’m impressed. The game has a pastel-like color blur look to it and it seems very unobtrusive and doesn’t ask you to install anything to run it. The fact that you can add your own name to it for some reason drives you into it further–at least it does me.

On the subject of CRC, some time ago I saw sample CG on a website that probably shouldn’t have been showing them. I digress - amongst the samples were fetishy type scenes for various girls. I’ve got six endings, including one with 100% CG but haven’t come across these scenes. The packaging happens to mention “erotically naughty” encounters. Any thoughts?

Wow I didn’t realize that there was that much to the CRC series, it would be awesome if Libido decided to release a couple others in English…

Kagami: Thanks for the info, much appreciated