Cheap B-games?

Check this site out: http://www.interactcd.com (navigate to the adventure/roleplaying section under the PC games tab)

They sell an array of b-games, even new ones, for $35 + $4 shipping (to the U.S.). How do they sell the games so much cheaper than everyone else? Are they pirates?

Edit: G-collections has confirmed they are NOT.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-18-2004).]

Hey…I just noticed something. All the games they offer are G-collections games. Does this have something to do with the expected price cuts on future games?

Not really sure- could also be that they’ve made a really, really big massive discounted order from G-Collections, so that they can sell for a good price or something.

I’m not sure. They seem to have low prices on a LOT of titles, which leads me to the (baseless) suspicion that they’re a pirate seller. Such things exist, and are a far worse problem than internet filesharing because organized crime is involved.

Damned those guys are like hay fevers the more you try to aoid the more you found a lot of them.

Not Oldie that can’t be. Idols Galore is . and not as in G-Coll. Even if this title is a crappy game that price is too much low.

BTW i suggest you to edit that link if so. Bookmark it so Lamuness-sama can ask you.

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 10-17-2004).]

Maybe they have some insider information on the price cuts G-collections is (potentially) providing with future games? If so, they might have lowered the prices to make the older games competitive with the new ones.

Though I’m still suspicious because other retail sellers haven’t followed suit.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-17-2004).]

Looking at net postings they’ve been around for something like 7 years, which would be a long time for anything other than legit.

Yeah, that’s probably a good idea. I’ll e-mail G-collections and have them confirm it for us. They don’t sell Peach Princess games, so it’s not really fair to hand it off to Lamuness. To put it in his words, he’s “not paid” to do these sort of things.

I just e-mailed G-collections. I told them they had 7 days to reply, else I would repost the link. That should foster a speedy response.

I know anime toxic sells g-c games for 30-35 dollars each. Last I heard, they were a legit reseller too.

well, even if its our own games, please dont hand them over to me. piracy crackdown isn’t really my department to begin with. if there are any piracy concerns/reports please email them to peter. but even so, i dont think he is ‘paid’ to handle gc games either :stuck_out_tongue:

gc is alive and running (unlike himeya or hobibox), i’m sure they can handle the matter themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by smog:
I know anime toxic sells g-c games for 30-35 dollars each. Last I heard, they were a legit reseller too.

Wow. *Bookmark* But if they're not pirates, how do they distribute the games so much cheaper than virtually every other place around? $10 off? Okay. But $20 off?! That's a 40% cut! And half of their considerable assortment of G-collections games is $30, while the rest are only $35. If they're legit, I've just found my new B-game source...

@Lamuness: That’s pretty much what I thought.

BTW, I’m not usually quite so coercive, but if my original suspicions are correct, I figured the topic had a high potential for a good old corporate blow-off. And I hate that. The matter with V-mate doesn’t help the customer support situation either.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Wow. *Bookmark* But if they're not pirates, how do they distribute the games so much cheaper than virtually every other place around? $10 off? Okay. But $20 off?! That's a 40% cut! And half of their considerable assortment of G-collections games is $30, while the rest are only $35. If they're legit, I've just found my new B-game source...

I actually think they used to sell them even cheaper "around 25 a game", but got in trouble from g-c for selling them for too cheap.

Animetoxic is selling pirated anime, at the very least. I searched on Chobits, and I found the exact pirated boxset that I accidentally bought on ebay, made by FX, a known pirate.

For anime buyers out there, beware the words “anime import” in connection with “English.” That usually means that some pirate company in Taiwan is ripping the real release and slapping it onto low-quality DVD’s. Japanese companies don’t generally do English releases, and they sure don’t rerelease box-sets that have already been localized by American companies.

They have been selling hk dvds forever. Nothing new there…

But it’s ILLEGAL. It my book, it’s even worse than P2P pirating. Not only are you distributing works that you have no legal right to distribute…you’re also making a killing off of it. Furthermore, unlike P2P pirating, you’re drawing in customers who likely would have bought legitimate versions if they knew any better. With P2P pirating, you’re damaging the company in principle. With pirate selling, you’re funneling their hard-earned profits to yourself.

Yes, always be wary of these things… especially giant cheap boxsets of “region free” dvds. THey’re so tempting… but so bad.

It is very unfair, because it’s easy to get suckered into buying this stuff and, like you said, that actually is stealing a sale, unlike fileshare, where the user may or may not have any likelihood of buying in the first place (or may still buy afterwards, associating the download with ‘trial’. But few people are going to feel compelled to pay AGAIN for a real version after foolishly having bought a bootleg.)

Now, bootleg toys are a more interesting case from the collecting point of view…

You guys who try to make file sharing look better than buying a hk dvd make me laugh.