Christian Game Developers

Was randomly looking around the Internets, and I found a rather amusing game forum. Using an anonymous link, cause I certainly wouldn’t want them knowing I’m linking from here… for obvious reasons. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways… I found it kinda funny how our lamenting that there’s a lack of bgame/eroge love in the West, and they have the same complaints about religious games (the ones not like Castlevania, God of War, Devil May Cry, etc) making an impact. Normally I’d say we should join forces… but that’s be like getting Sith and Jedi to become best friends. :wink:

didnt the angry video game nerd reviewed some bible/christian games back in the NES days? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well there’s always Bible Fight:

http://games.adultswim.com/bible-fight- … -game.html

Though considering God is the final boss, maybe it’s not really Christian. :stuck_out_tongue:

This game actually didn’t look bad in the trailers: www.heaventhegame.com

But the site doesn’t really tell you anything about the gameplay, the goals, the overall story … it mostly just says “here’s a game about heaven, you play an astronaut, there’s a hot chick who’s actually your grandma (coughcough) and stuff happens.”

I’ve played that (and many other games on the [adult swim] website).

Being Christian and all, I can’t buy a game that “Borrows” the intro to the 70’s Superman film without at least giving John Williams credit. Granted that short bit they used is probably legally ok, but if you’re going to create a game about heaven and you say you want to use it to reach people in a meaningful way, should you not practice what you preach? Then again that’s just me.