Cleaning out the closet

I just put my copy of Giniro up on e-bay. For those interested – http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3018805678

Got to raise money to preorder X-change 2!

while on the subject, is there a more “direct way” to buy this game?
say someone knows a retailer… (dont care where they are so long as they ship US) that has some copies of this game?

ARGH, i wish i had the money to bid on this!!! i really want this title!!!1

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:

But it's only at 0.99 right now...

I might bid on it.

Well, plus there’s also the 5 dollar S&M. I mean, S&H.

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Well, plus there's also the 5 dollar S&M. I mean, S&H.

Hey, hey, hey! Not in public!

quote:

Sorry, Ladyphoenix. I'm going to have to take you down on this one, I've been wanting this game for ages and ages.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Sorry, Ladyphoenix. I'm going to have to take you down on this one, I've been wanting this game for ages and ages.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if I should bid on this at all... because I really don't want to fight board members here for bids. Fact that it's listed as bishojo game unfortunately hurts its chances for bids.

It had a reserve. that turns people off. I am the current high bidder on it. I am also the only person to bid on it so far.

You met the reserve for us, thank you ksarchet :slight_smile: But, how high can it go if we step over each other on this bid? That’s why I don’t want to bid on it, I don’t like to be the cause of other people’s woes.

I gave up all attempts to list my stuff as just innocuous ‘Bishoujo game’, after the ridiculously low bid of $15.00 I got for my May Club, Season of the Sakura and Three Sister’s story, I list all my stuff as ‘hentai sexy bishoujo game L@@K’ I noticed the ‘L@@K’ especially gets people’s attention. It is embarassing to have to call it ‘hentai’ but I have to sacrifice my principles so that I can get more money to buy more Bishoujo games and teach people the magic.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Hmmm, I'm wondering if I should bid on this at all... because I really don't want to fight board members here for bids. Fact that it's listed as bishojo game unfortunately hurts its chances for bids.

Just means I'll get it more cheaply. And in the unlikely event someone can outbid me, then it can safely be said this particular auction was not affected by the lack of "HENTAI GAMEZ XXX" tags in the description.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
I gave up all attempts to list my stuff as just innocuous 'Bishoujo game', after the ridiculously low bid of $15.00 I got for my May Club, Season of the Sakura and Three Sister's story, I list all my stuff as 'hentai sexy bishoujo game L@@K' I noticed the 'L@@K' especially gets people's attention. It is embarassing to have to call it 'hentai' but I have to sacrifice my principles so that I can get more money to buy more Bishoujo games and teach people the magic.

I know the feeling. But actually, I suspect that of the stuff I put up, the reason I didn't get as many bids was that I actually put things into the "mature audiences" categories.

I have placed my maximum bid. Now I won’t feel bad if I lose, because it will have gone for more than I am willing to pay.

Ekylo your right, putting it into the mature category really hurts your sales. Also not putting hentai in the title will as well. Not enough people know and understand the word bishoujo or bishojo to knkow to look for that. I am surprised that L@@K gets you alot more hits bookmeow. I might have to check into that when I sell my next set of games (all legal of course).

it will be easy to take me down on this one, nande, since i can’t bid on it at all…i have less than no money right now, since a)i am trying to save up for me and brian to move in together) and b)a bill going through earlier than i thought has screwed up my account and left me severely overdrawn, so even if it was a case of ‘wow, only one chance to get it’ (which this might very well be), my hands are tied (interesting image )

i guess i can only hope that the one who wins it will be on this board and might be willing to sell it to me after they are done with it

quote:
it will be easy to take me down on this one, nande, since i can't bid on it at all...i have less than no money right now, since a)i am trying to save up for me and brian to move in together) and b)a bill going through earlier than i thought has screwed up my account and left me severely overdrawn, so even if it was a case of 'wow, only one chance to get it' (which this might very well be), my hands are tied (interesting image [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] )

i guess i can only hope that the one who wins it will be on this board and might be willing to sell it to me after they are done with it [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

If the game sucks (and I mean it REALLY sucks, like Transfer Student or the Fairy Nights games, or DOR) then I'd be willing to get rid of it. Otherwise I'd be willing to lend it to you. (This is, of course, assuming I win the auction.)

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
Ekylo your right, putting it into the mature category really hurts your sales. Also not putting hentai in the title will as well.

Actually, I did put "hentai" in the title, even though I'd rather not. But to tell you the truth, my conscience felt better listing things in the mature audience section.

I bow to your superior desire darkone. but hey, now he will be able to afford x-change 2 with just your purchase.

Yeah, in retrospect I should have put hentai into the title. My first E-bay auction and I just didn’t think of it.

Regrettably, there is no more direct way to buy this. Every once in a while a copy will show up on Yahoo! Japan auctions, which is how I bought this one. Of course, I paid over $100 for it.

The game itself does not suck. In fact, it’s VERY good, although very sad. The downside is that the translation is quite poor. I really enjoyed getting to see a relatively recent Japanese game in English. The graphics are head and heels over a lot of the stuff that gets ported (although some of the recent G-collections games are in the same quality range).

The game actually has two sets of program disks – one DVD set and one CD set. It seems both work fine, although I haven’t experimented extensively with it. I suppose one could keep one set of disks and sell or give away the other, but I’d hate to break up the set myself.

Luckily you posted the link here, with the members here bidding for it I think there is no problem for you to get a fairly decent bid on it.