Cloverfield -- no spoilers!!!

I’m not going to spoil this great movie for anyone, but there’s something the director said that I though was interesting:

(while in Japan) “We saw all these Godzilla toys, and I thought, we need our own monster, and not King Kong, King Kong’s adorable. I wanted something that was just insane and intense.”

Once you see the movie you’ll agree with me: that wasn’t Godzilla you got inspiration from buddy. Tsk-tsk… Just admit what you’re really into. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 01-18-2008, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

It’s just the balrog from Lord of the ring.
He wasn’t dead and is is angry because his name wasn’t on the cast at the end of lotr 1 :smiley:

I liked it, but I never paid attention to any of the marketing stuff that was going on for it.

I plan to purchase DVD when it will release.

Hud…I don’t feel so good :o

Haha, Hud was great.

There’s rumors that the writer and director of Cloverfield, wanna make an other movie about it. However rather than be a prequel or sequel, it might portray the same events we saw in the movie, from another group’s point of view. Interesting.

There’s a real good chance I’d go see it.

There was nothing homoerotic about the movie at all. The only romantic activity even implied anywhere in the film was purely heterosexual.

Unless you were using the word “gay” as if it were some sort of insult. In which case, stop trolling.

Prequel/Sequel/Different PoV - I’d see it regardless. The movie was very good and better than my original expectations. Wish there was a soundtrack with ROAR! on it.

There isn’t really a good word for it. So let’s create one!

Prequel is out – means something set before the series.
Sequel is out – means something set after the series.
It’s not a side story, and it’s not an alternate universe.

I think “conquel” is the best candidate we have (“con” in the “concurrent” sense, not the “congress” sense)

Cloverfield Monster is cool… but Godzilla still ownz all. One blast of atomic breath would end the problem. :twisted:

Need proof? The American Godzilla versus the REAL Godzilla. Shortest kaiju fight in history: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOISbaA2G18

oh god, don’t ever bring up the american godzilla again. just… oh god…

The monster was cool. I didn’t like the movie tough. :stuck_out_tongue: