Come See Me Tonight - Worth Buying?

Greetings fellow Bishoujo Gamers!

I have recently been interested in purchasing the two “Come See Me Tonight” games from JAST USA. The artwork looks beautiful and it looks quite good. However, I have been put off from both games after reading the reviews that someone gave the games on www.animetric.com

Now, I am not really a gamer that likes a complete sexual romp (Secret Wive’s Club), for example, just wasn’t my kind of thing. Little story line and sexual activies in every game.

I quite enjoy the X-Change series as that does have quite a good plot, despite alot of heavy sexual activites.

Well it boils down to it, I prefer the Bishoujo games such as The Three Sisters Story, Seasons of the Sakura, Runaway City, Casual Romance Club, Cresecendo, etc, etc, fairly good storylines.

I was wondering, do both of the CSMT games have a fairly good story plot or is it another Secret Wives Club, which is a sexual romp and very little else? Both look good games and I would prefer a good storyline.

What can any of you suggest?

Thankyou.

Well, the gameplay of those two titles is essentially the same:

1) Work at the restaurant/shrine.

2) Be nice to all the girls until forced to choose which one you want to pursue.

3) Have sex with your chosen girl numerous times, while negotiating relationship issues with the girl in order to achieve her ‘good’ ending.

4) Repeat process to try to unlock the ‘harem’ ending(s).

There’s never really much of a plot to any of the paths in those two games, but the graphics are nicely done, and there’s enough variety of personalities that you’ll probably find someone you like.

They’re not utterly shallow sex romps, but they’re not exactly deep character studies with engrossing plots either.

quote:
Originally posted by Darkling:
Well, the gameplay of those two titles is essentially the same:

1) Work at the restaurant/shrine.

2) Be nice to all the girls until forced to choose which one you want to pursue.

3) Have sex with your chosen girl numerous times, while negotiating relationship issues with the girl in order to achieve her 'good' ending.

4) Repeat process to try to unlock the 'harem' ending(s).

There's never really much of a plot to any of the paths in those two games, but the graphics are nicely done, and there's enough variety of personalities that you'll probably find someone you like.

They're not utterly shallow sex romps, but they're not exactly deep character studies with engrossing plots either.

I take it I'm looking at basically a similar "X-Change Series", correct, yes? Hmmmmmmmmm.......I would mind getting them both but still, just how many "sexual romps" per female are well looking at? Every single time or is there a few breaks?

quote:
Originally posted by Ksim3000:
Greetings fellow Bishoujo Gamers!

I have recently been interested in purchasing the two "Come See Me Tonight" games from JAST USA. The artwork looks beautiful and it looks quite good. However, I have been put off from both games after reading the reviews that someone gave the games on www.animetric.com

Now, I am not really a gamer that likes a complete sexual romp (Secret Wive's Club), for example, just wasn't my kind of thing. Little story line and sexual activies in every game.

I quite enjoy the X-Change series as that does have quite a good plot, despite alot of heavy sexual activites.

Well it boils down to it, I prefer the Bishoujo games such as The Three Sisters Story, Seasons of the Sakura, Runaway City, Casual Romance Club, Cresecendo, etc, etc, fairly good storylines.

I was wondering, do both of the CSMT games have a fairly good story plot or is it another Secret Wives Club, which is a sexual romp and very little else? Both look good games and I would prefer a good storyline.

What can any of you suggest?

Thankyou.

I haven't played Secret Wives Club, but I have played both Come See Me Tonight games. Like you I prefer my bihsoujo games to have a good story to them, and I can say that I enjoyed both games.
Storywise, for both games, it's fairly simple, yet it does go well as a romantic comedy since the relationship issues the main character has with the girls are plausible (to some extent), not to mention the relationships are fairly believable as well. Bear in mind that this is no Crescendo, Figures of Happiness, or Private Nurse storywise as this is a simple storyline. I'd say that the story is slightly above Kango Shicyauzo 1 and 2's (another game series I'm a fan of (though I wish Kango Shicyauzo 3 would be released stateside). I reccomend the games.

On a side note, don't just rely on 1 site for reviews on bishoujo games. After all this is just one person's opinion and there's a good chance you and that person may have different tastes. Another site I reccomend going to for reviews on bishoujo games so you can decide what to buy is:

www.hentaineko.com

also go onto gamefaqs.com and read the reviews by ecchifan, his reviews I find to be very helpful in picking a bishoujo game.

Darkling has it right on the nose. CSMT is the typical B-Game. If you like the artwork and the basic “chase a girl” format, then you’ll like CSMT. If you are bored with that genre or in the mood for something more fetish oriented, then you should pass on this game. At least, until you are in the mood for a nice dip in the B-game pool.

[This message has been edited by Darkstar (edited 03-02-2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by Ksim3000:
[b]Hmmmmmmmmm.......I would mind getting them both but still, just how many "sexual romps" per female are well looking at? Every single time or is there a few breaks?[/b]

In the first game, there were about three or four ero scenes for each girl (broken up with other events). The CGs were repeated in some places, but not excessively.

I haven't played the second one recently enough to be certain, but I'd imagine that the tally would be similar in that game as well.

LOL! Sorry lol, it is quite funny that three members with the word “Dark” before the rest of their usernames replied to my comment. I found it quite amusing but anyway, thankyou to all three of you for helping me with making a decision on the “Come See Me Tonight” series, I appreciate it.

Anyway, I’ll check out those reviews and a standard Bishoujo game I am pretty much okay for, aslong as it isn’t too big a sexual romp like “Secret Wives Club”, for example.

Just one more question to those that have both games, though. Do both games come shipped with a manual or just the CD and a case? I always like a good manual to thumb through and so far, the majority of Bishoujo games that I have purchased have not had a manual included.

Thankyou.

Peach Princess games get manuals.
G-Collections games don’t get manuals, but a sort of help file on the CD-ROM.
I don’t know about other translation companies.

Alright then, I think that I might pick these two games up after reviewing them. Thankyou very much for your help upon this matter.