Completed Fate/Stay Night

This is one of my favorite games. Definitely in my top 5. I got all the tiger stamps too…the extra scene was worth it. :mrgreen:

I also enjoyed UBW the most. It was interesting to learn more about Archer. Plus, moar Tohsaka. I actually enjoyed HF, though. I was glad to see that it was completely different from the other routes. Though I agree that it was pretty strange. :shock:

I pretty much liked them in the order of Heaven’s Feel > Unlimited Blade Works > Fate, which is handy because I like to complete routes in reverse order of how good they are in order to get a continually improving experience of any eroge.

It’s one of those games I probably appreciate more in retrospect; I found the writing style of the author rather draining on the initial read. Now that I look back on the story itself I can think ‘man, this really was a work of genius’.

For reference, the game uses roughly ~2500 different kanji.

Personally I felt that Heaven’s Feel dragged a bit in the middle, then finished off strong. Truth be told I actually quit halfway through HF years ago out of boredom and only finished it when I decided to pop it in again last year. Overall I still prefer UBW over HF, although in the end it comes down to heroine preference, and Rin easily beats out Sakura as far as I’m concerned.

eh, it was a solid game, imo not worth all the hype, I preferred Tuskihime better. The story was solid but to me, it lacked that epic feel (like xenogears, Planescape Torment or Baldur’s Gate II, gotta admit, the idea of becoming a God is rather interesting, but to be fair, The Forgotten Realms, or Planescape have much more lore to drawn on than this game ), When I envision war, I usually think of one that evolves great armies clashing, not just a few people fighting. That aside, I liked HF and UBW storyline better than Fate’s which I thought was kinda cliche.

I felt Tsukihime had:

• better story
  • better scenario
  • worse writing
  • less originality

which for me basically means I liked Tsukihime better.

As for the ‘less originality’… yes, I know there are other similar kinds of stories to Fate/stay Night but the extent to which Fate/stay Night borrowed from those is nothing compared to the extent to which Tsukihime borrowed from Kizuato. Although I’ll grant that everything borrowed from Kizuato back then.

I feel Nasu may be a bit of a better ‘visionary’ than story constructor, but he’s still damn good at the latter so I have no complaints. Overrated, underrated, blah. The only thing that really matters is how much you enjoy the games, not how much other people enjoy them (or don’t).

Agreed. I believe that FATE was driven on the hype, founded by Tsukihime. People were all like, "OMG!!! This is a real budget release from the people who gave us Tsukihime and Melty Blood!!! This is gonna RAWK!!!

IMHO the massive fan support and community hype from Tsukihime, basically snowballed for FATE, despite FATE being inferior to Tsukihime in several regards – even when FATE had a real budget. FATE’s popularity is basically Tsukihime’s popularity.

That and FATE lacks: meido twincest and Sacchin.

Pretty much all eroge that does well is. Things like Cross Channel and Himawari that come basically out of nowhere are very rare.

Fate/stay Night may not have been as good as Tsukihime but it is nonetheless most deserving of praise.

I’ll be the first to declare my favorite of the three routes being Heaven’s Feel, not only is it the most revealing storywise of the routes, but we also get to see two characters get some well deserved spotlight. Ilya and Kotomine. In Ilya’s case, we get to see some developement of how she relates towards Shirou and for Kotomine, not only does he get a good presentation as a character (aside from the fact that we got a funny scene with him, considering they managed to give depth to an “I do bad things simply because I’m evil” type of character, that definitely counts for something) but he also manages to be awesome He fights and kinda managaes to defeat True Assassin (though it’s more outwit) and then defeat Zouken and then he comes back for a truly epic final fistfight with Shirou.
On the subject of Tsukihime (remake when wil you come out :cry: ?), another reason I like HF is because it does contain a little something for the Tsukihime fans, especially at the end.

Emphasizing the more important missing aspect.

Speaking of the remake, isn’t Sacchin supposed to finally get some lovin’ this time?

Not sure about the remake, and as for Sacchin, It is rumored that she dies, only thing this time Tohne recognises her feeling/ doesnt cry when he kills her

I am surprised no 1 prefers Fate, Its my fav route out of the three.
Personal order of preference goes like Fate>= UBW>>>>>HF.

tbh, I think most VN that’s considered great are a bit over hyped. IE shuffle! Soul link, Air, Kanon, Chaos head etc. The only ones that really lived up to my expectations were Ever 17, Tsukihime and Phantom of inferno (minus the horrid translation).

I think they’re aiming for a 10-year anniversary re-release.

I don’t think Shuffle! is considered that great. Actually, most of what I had read prior its release was that is was pretty bad.
Kanon I agree that found underwhelming.