Conquering the Queen

Yeah, this wasn’t very good. Basically a dark h-fest with no redeeming qualities for the player character. Not as bad as “Suck my d*ck or die!” but still pretty scummy.

MangaGamer was pretty up front about that, which is why I’d never consider buying it. They actually post pretty good promotional stuff on their blog, if you’re never checked it out. There’s a lot of info about titles close to release. (I’ve seen what they’re saying about Sexy Demon Transformation, for instance, and it just confirms that I want nothing doing.)

Well, all Liquid games are sexfest, you know. Mashou no Nie (sticking to the japanese title here) it’s not even that bad of a game, for its genre, especially if you consider how many years ago it was released.

I disagree; even for 2004 it doesn’t look good from any perspective. Even the H scenes, the central focus of the title, aren’t particularly good - compare with something like Atelier Kaguya’s Serina, released on the SAME DAY and beats it in terms of story, writing, art and H scenes. It’s even better as a ‘dark’ title- I can’t for the life of me see anyone taking Mashou no Nie seriously enough to really find it ‘dark’ at all; every aspect of it is just ridiculous.

I would not recommend this title, even for someone looking for a nukige. When you consider this thing sold at full price originally there are serious quality issues in place, not that I’d recommend it as a budget title either.

(disclosure: I may have beta-tested this game >_>)

As for ‘all Liquid games are sexfests’: true, but at least some of them are actually good. (NSFW)

Never said Mashou no Nie is a good game, unless you consider “not that bad” having the same meaning of “good”. If you consider the nukige translated so far, it’s definitely not the worst choice. And although it may not have a dark story, since it barely has a story at all, the ero content features dark elements.