cool OP songs?

Okay, so, I’m constantly wandering through Youtube looking at OPs (Only the video versions, generally, not the full length songs that people put up), most of which I don’t remember for more than a few minutes. Unfortunately I’m now dimly trying to remember one that had great music - sadly I don’t remember the imagery worth a damn, except MAYBE a sword stabbed into the ground with a chain wound around it and a guy kneeling beside it, but that could be from something else entirely. Hard rock / metal, as best I recall. Any ideas?

Or, for that matter, want to list off some cool OP songs in general? Other than G Senjou No Maou because that one’s obvious.

The OP you’re after-- I have no idea, to be honest, but give these a look:
Eien no Aselia
Tamayura

Some things I like:
Animated OPs
Haru no Ashioto
ef the first tale the latter tale
Shirotsume Souwa
Ashita no Kimi to Autame ni
Daibanchou

Awesome music
Jisatsu no Tame no 101 no Houhou
ALMA
Subarashiki Hibi
Reconquista

Calm RITA songs with ALICE from JAPAN movies- I honestly can’t get enough of these. They aren’t badass but they’re lovely and fitting.
Tenshi no Tamago
Shinigami no Seppun

Interesting / good taste / design / fitting presentation
Sore wa Maichiru Sakura no Youni
Sentinel
Asa no Konai Yoru ni Dakarete
Aiyoku no Eustia

Perfect for the game in question
Saihate no Ima
Kitto, sumiwataru asairo yori mo
Ayakashibito

Doujin
A Profile
Uhma wo Dakishimete
Ludesia

Do you have any idea how unhelpful that is? You might as well start saying that the intro you’re looking for has feathers, lens flare, or white birds. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness though… can you recall if it was a man or woman lead singer? Just some random shots in the dark…

Devil’s Devel Concept

Draculius

Gore Screaming Show

Gun-Katana

MinDeaD BlooD

Or chains, or scrolling graveyards, or noise…

Actually, all 6 things are in the DDC OP if I recall correctly w
I’m sure they’re all part of mju:z’s effect toolkit or something

Fun fact: my eroge OP movies directory is 47.5gb. They aren’t that big by themselves but jeez they add up >_> (although some of them are really big because I encoded the videos because they didn’t come as a standard video file- Clover Hearts, Daibanchou, sense off, ALMA, AIR, Kanon etc. are like this. When I encode video I typically use maximum quality and absurd framerates.) The biggest OP movie I’ve got that I didn’t encode is Koi de wa Naku’s 375mb 5 minute mammoth.

Reminds me of this: Every Anime Opening Ever Made :stuck_out_tongue:

Moar random offerings.

Fortissimo

Cthulhu

It is possible it was from an anime?

Soul Eater 1

Soul Eater 2

Soul Eater ED 4

Seikon no Qwaser 2

Linebarrel

Fortissimo has two OPs, both of which are damn good (other one) - too bad the game itself is apparently awful. EXA is supposed to fix most of the flaws, but I’m still not touching it with a fifty-foot pole. The trial was pretty much ‘bad Fate/stay Night clone’ to a level I’d not have thought anyone would have the audacity to try. Besides, I’ve got plenty of awful games on my plate already, as I’m working my way through Abel Software’s fine collection of landmines! Finished MQ the other day, currently playing Koitou Ranma which is even worse and after that I’ll wait for Dual M to appear on dlsite.

You just reminded me of another ero with a similar fate. :lol:

[b]Dies irae[/b] original

[b]Dies irae[/b] revision

[b]Dies irae: Acta est Fabula[/b]

Three moar randoms…

GOTHIC DELUSION

Full Metal Daemon: Muramasa

11 Eyes

11 Eyes anime OP

Hello, good-bye

Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora ni. OP2

Hoshizora no Memoria

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Since the game it’s coming to English soon, and the song is my favorite op song ever, thought I could mention Kara no Shoujo.

Also, another good OP song noone mentioned is from Hatsukoi Sacrament.

I know. :slight_smile: I’ve watched enough of these things that they do blur together in my head and I might not even recognise the one that is triggering this memory even if I found it. On the other hand I figured by asking I’d at least get links to some cool music! So it’s all good.

While I like a lot of what I’ve been given my best guess at the moment for what I’m remembering is actually a Shakugan no Shana opening (there are a lot of videos of it with swords, chains, and red-and-black!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRt78lqc7O4

Answer Dead’s OP does have chains wrapping a sword, but not sure it’s also blessed with “great music”.
Alternatively, you can also try the ‘My Favorites’ list of my old account for some “cool music” (to my ear, at least :wink: )…

Sound stabbed into ground just makes me think of the sword in the stone, and thus Tears to Tiara <_<;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvMgJwN79dI
And I guess there’s always Duel Savior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77eWS-YKhXc