CRC concern

Do yourself a favor and buy it now. Hell you can buy a dvd rom for under 30 dollars now days… The game had a limited release since it was a remake. I’d say it would bepretty hard to find a copy new. Maybe used off of yahoo japan auctions, but even now the game really doesnt come up much.

I agree, I’d get it now. Look how hard it is to get a copy of Giniro now. I’m still regretting not getting it when I had the chance.

Buy it now. The way the Japanese market for bishoujo games works is that they do a few print runs, and then they stop selling a game. There are exceptions; they’re exceptions. (I am basing this off half-remembered conversations with others from this board; if I’m wrong, someone will correct me? Please?)

This game is a Japanese release, not intended for the American market at all; the Japanese maker was apparently pleasantly surprised that there was US interest - enough to give Pea Pri some cheaper copies - but it is primarily a Japanese release governed by Japanese release tendencies. Plus it is true; the game is a rerelease of an existing Japanese title. In fact the game was rereleased with American names and the English text around April Fool’s, as some sort of joke or stunt; we weren’t even sure it was real, until we were actually able to buy it.

If you do not buy it now, and it goes out of print, it will not come back into print barring some sort of miracle. When you finally do want to get a copy you will have to rely on finding people auctioning off a copy or some such; if that happens you can expect to pay quite a bit more than the normal purchase price.

Consider that there was another Japanese release with an English text option - Gin Iro. I didn’t buy the game when I had an opportunity, so in order to get [edit: a copy] I had to wait until someone was auctioning off a copy of it and ended up spending like $150 to get it [edit: at all]. Note this is about twice the normal Japanese cost of $65-80 (depending on the game). Certainly it would be much cheaper to buy a copy now and wait.

Sorry for rambling about this so much, but I really regretted not getting Gin Iro when I had an opportunity and was lucky to find one at all.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 12-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 12-31-2003).]

I would definitely get it now, I would also just buckle down and get a DVDROM too they are so cheap anyways.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-131-113&catalog=55&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

cant beat the price, it has free shipping, good reveiws, and newegg is a great company!

quote:
Originally posted by Jason4:
*sigh*
It isn't about the money, it about the stupid USB ports. They won't work on my comp, and in order for them to work my entire hard drive has to be wiped. (don't ask me why, I have no idea) That's just the way it is.
And as far as I know, there isn't a DVD-ROM drive on the market that DOES NOT run off of the USB port.

If your PC has an IDE CD-ROM drive, you should be able to upgrade it fairly easily. Here's an illustrated guide with step-by-step instructions. Save yourself the bother with USB.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason4:
ARGH!.. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the *&%$#! thing. It'll just sit there collecting dust for awhile.. which I'm not too happy about. I feel like I'm being held over a barrel.

Sometimes you end up with stuff like that. I know I ended up picking up some DVD's long before I had a drive. But I just ended up with such a good deal on them, I couldn't pass them up and I knew I would have to get some sort of DVD player eventually.

quote:
*sigh* I have soooo much manga and anime to buy too... (not to mention school expenses.. fun)

School expenses? Why bother? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

No kidding, while I was in college I hardly even looked at my books Just put your money to better use and buy more anime, manga, and games