Crescendo vista problems

Hi there,

I’ve recently got a new PC with Vista on it. ( Really beginning to regret it. ) I’ve tried installing Crescendo on it but have had some problems. It manages to install fully, but whenever i click to play the game, a message saying that " Cresus.exe has stopped working " pops up and it closes without running.

I’ve already tried installing it several times and i always get the same error.

Any ideas on what to do?

is the vista 64bit?

Nope, its 32 bit.

The Vista fix that we’ve found is to run legacy applications as an administrator. This can be done by right-clicking on the .exe or shortcut and selecting “Run as Administrator”. If that doesn’t work I’m not sure what to recommend without a more thorough rundown of your system specs - if you’d like us to investigate specific compatibility issues feel free to drop me a line at (pr@jastusa.com).

I tried the ‘Run as Administrator’ option, but it didn’t help.

Whenever i click on Cresus.exe, a message saying that it has stopped working pops up immediately.

Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz
2Gb RAM
HP Notebook

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

Have you tried running the game in XP Compatibility mode? Might be a Dual Core issue, not sure if you can disable one while running the game cause I don’t have Vista yet.

I’ve just tried running in XP Compatibility mode and as an Administrator. Still no go.

The same error still occurs, when i start it, a message immediately pops up saying that Cresus.exe has stopped working and that i can either get windows to search for a solution, or close it. >:

Oh sorry for double post, thought this might help. These are the details of the error message.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CRESUS.EXE
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 3f460841
Fault Module Name: NTMARTA.DLL
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bddb
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001b6b
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0863