Crescendo

I was replaying this game as wondered…is there a art book based upon the artist of this game anywhere on the net? If so, where could I get it? Also, was wondering if the makers of this most perfect game ever came out with any other kind of collectables based on this game? (Kind of like the different collectables for Little My Maid when it came out?) If so for any of these, mind pointing where I should go? Thanks!

I have been searching for over a year, and all my efforts have been futile :frowning:

There’s no art book for Crescendo. However, if you want more of the artist’s work you could try the full voice version of Crescendo, or ??? (the only other eroge they’ve been the sole artist for - not sure if the game itself is any good though. It’s also a training game, so nothing at all like Crescendo). Their homepage is here and the relevant amazon entries for their non-digital work are here and here.

The limited edition of Crescendo full voice version came with the game’s soundtrack, however trying to track that down now would probably be extremely expensive.

Thanks for the last few links, Ignosco.

On a side note, how much real is this game actually. I mean the plot setting is quite good, and the game is really well done. But at times I think it became fabricated and like a soap opera.

For me, it seems like the sort of game where you have to accept everything as it comes (I’d put Yume Miru Kusuri in this category as well, in that some parts of both felt like they either didn’t fit with the game’s central themes, or like you said, are too soap-operaish). Although everything in Crescendo is to some extent tied together, and all the paths follow a similar structure, the content and presentation of them is perhaps too variegated. There were also a few parts that felt rather out of character for me as well (mostly on Ayame’s route). (I still haven’t played the full voice version, so I don’t know if the additional components improve the game.)

Well, IMO the full voice version doesn’t add much value to the original one, except on Ayame’s and Miyu’s route. Other places its just … :roll:
Crescendo alwas gives the feeling of being short, yeah the game is nicely done and the story is presented well, but sometimesi felt like I needed to know a bit more, also the fact that there wasn’t much to do in the flashbacks. Yuka gives a stillbirth but still continues. its a bit frustrating.

Yes I’ve looked around as well…too bad. This is definitely one game I’d love to have an art book. On the side note, while the stories can be short…I think that the story that is being produced is well written. Kyoko’s my favorite story, and even though I’ve played it again and again, I never stop enjoying what I read. Someone, somewhere I read, mentioned about the character designed…I think that the characters are well drawn. The artwork works for this game, just as, say, the artwork of Let’s Meow Meow works for that game with the easygoing plots of that game.

Glad to see another Kyoko fan. Like you I never get sick of going through her path. I do enjoy playing Ayame’s path as well however, and I feel bad every single time I I come to the decision to turn down Kyoko so that her scenario becomes available. I also like the hidden character, even though I’ve only played her route once since it is so sad (I react to it in a way similar to when I’ve played Kana). It is quite the odd feeling when you are crying but feel aroused because of the scene. :?

I actually liked Miyu’s path a lot. I play Yuka’s path a lot too, although I don’t know exactly why. All the girls in the game ( And Snow Sakura) are great, so its hard to actually choose. Yuka, after going through her path for the first time, I was totally confused, so I checked out a lot of things, searching web for info about teen prostitution and domestic violence and what not. The result? I am more confused now than I was before :? . although she is to blamed for her problems, I feel bad for her and others like her.
I wonder if this game will be remade/rereleased something Like Yume Miru Kusuri was rereleased by Will

It was ‘rereleased’ for DL sales (well, the full voice version was anyway). I doubt Crescendo will be rereleased in another form now, though, D.O basically being dead.

Yuka’s path is the most touching in the game, in my opinion. You really get to see the person she is trying to emerge from what she has done to herself. The other characters seemed very one dimensional by comparison.

Unfortunately, the art for the added scenes in the full voice version seems to have been done by a different artist. The characters (especially their eyes) look noticeably different.

You can use GGDCut to view the extra CGs from your Crescendo install CD. G-Collections’ release of Crescendo used the resource files from the full voice version, so the graphics are included in the GGD file even though the extra scenes aren’t implemented in the English version.

The charecters look different, that’s probably because of the different artist thing.

However, The added scenes are a “what if” scene or another avenue, something like that, that’s why the CG’s look a lot different, such as a younger Yuka or an older Miyu. So thats probably why. There are also remarkable difference in shading and colouring.

I wrote some Crescendo fanfic 8) , check it out if you have time. :slight_smile:

On second thought, check it out, its an order :twisted:

http://www.visual-novels.net/db/crescen … e-an-angel

An extension of the Yuka good end.

http://www.guruguru.net/auction/item/1768944465

Some graphics I found while trolling around.