Critical Point will not uninstall/reinstall.

The problem I’m having is that I can’t reinstall the CDROM version of Critical Point. The problem started when I moved the game folder to another location and it stopped working. The disc said that it could not uninstall the game and I should do so manually. So I deleted the game folder myself. No problem, right? Well now I want to reinstall the game but the disc does not show an option to reinstall. In fact, even copying the files directly onto my PC from the disc will not work. It keeps insisting ‘Illegal registry, uninstall manually’.

(The problem has been solved! See below for instructions.)

Sounds like you need to purge all mention of the game from the registry after you have removed all the game files. Since I don’t have this game, I can’t walk you through this. However, given that I have seen posts here talking about messing with the registry before, I’m sure someone else can give you the full information you need. After the registry has had all references to the game removed, you should be able to reinstall the game if you wish.

try unisntll from control panel. I forgot the other tiltle of the game but it happened to me also. so I have to rstore the program I erased. That will help?

As it turns out there WAS an entry left in the registry that was confusing the disc and halting reinstallation. If anyone else is running Windows XP and having trouble getting Critical Point to work like I did, try this:

Go to your Start menu and click Run.
Type “regedit.exe” without the quotes.
Expand the options in front of HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
Expand the options in front of Software.
Expand the options again in front of Will.
You should see a folder named CriticalPoint.
Delete it and restart your PC.
Now you should be able to reinstall Critical Point!