C's ware games/Himeya soft games

So…Yesterday I played a little gem called DESIRE (I didn’t quite understand the ending…) and became interested in other C’s ware games.

Now what I need help with is: Where can I find these games for purchase? Titles I’m looking for are Etsuraku no Gakuen,GLO-RI-A ~Kindan no Ketsuzoku~ and Eve burst error

The only site I remember having these is Himeya shop which is now closed…

Any tips?

[size=50]This should keep me busy while I wait for Yu-no…[/size]

Edit:So why was Eve released as 17+…?

so

1. It’s been 4 or 5 years since Eve Burst Error English version is unavailable because of the PS2 renewal version (tough the last batch was sold around 3 years ago on Himeya shop)
  2. C’s ware and Himeya title are nowaday impossible yto find since the last batch of print was on ErogeShop which is closed.

NOooOOooOooooooOoooOOOOoooo

eve: burst error
etsuraku no gakuen
and, although you didn’t ask for it: kuro to kuro to kuro no saidan

Oh thanks.

Got an answer for Eve being released as 17+

[size=50]This works on windows,right…?[/size]

Edit:…These don’t include the english versions do they… >->?

You don’t want those. Himeya’s translations were not exactly first-rate. Better to play Kanno’s works in Japanese even if you find them harder to understand that way, for they capture the depth of the stories better.

EDIT: That third game I linked is a Shumon Yuu game, not a Kanno game, but who cares, Shumon Yuu is great.

Well Eve: Burst Error’s translation left much to be desired, but it was understandable. Unless you know Japanese fairly well, you’re regalated to machine translations which leave even more to be desired.

When I first showed up to these boards … god, almost ten years ago … almost nobody here understood Japanese well enough to play b-games in the original Japanese. A small handful of board regulars did.

A far greater percentage of us do now. But I think it’s still worth remembering that by far most western eroge fans don’t speak Japanese, and while Google Translate is improving all the time, it’s still maybe 20 years away from producing comprehensible translations.

I have a bunch of the old Himeya games. (Should really play them at some point :wink: If they’re as awesome as they’re supposed to be, a shaky English translation would be a crying shame. I can, however, speak for Nocturnal Illusion: The game’s English translation is pretty terrible, overall. It’s loaded with typos, it often uses awkward phrasing, it’s quite probably that a Japanese comedy routine was simply translated verbatim, and it goes on.

However, a Babelfish translation would be even worse. I am quite grateful to have even a poorly-translated version, as opposed to a mechanically translated one. After all, the vodka is good, but the meat is rotten :stuck_out_tongue:

No time like the present to learn, though!

I told Nande that back then, and he complained it wouldn’t be useful because it’d take too long. It was 10 years ago. If he had listened to me, he’d be able to play games in Japanese now! :stuck_out_tongue:
OTOH, Uni and Spec made the effort and are now able to do so!

You should sell them to me ;_;

I have learned Japanese. I’m just not terribly good at it yet.

Even after 10 years (which, actually, will only be in a few years’ time!) I suspect I’ll still be learning it. I’m still finding new kanji I’ve never seen before, not to mention the endless expanses of ???. Then there’s the difficulties involved in actually writing in the language, which I’ve found to be unexpectedly difficult on each occasion that I’ve tried to write a VN in Japanese - it’s a very slow process >_>

If they were to somehow get the rights to do the EvE Series I’d hope they’d get the Eve Burst error remake and translate that one.

-Desire made perfect sense, basically it works out like this:

Tina is basically caught in a time loop.She keeps reliving that segment of her life ad nauseum til Al and Makoto figure out how to send Al back in to save her. Al and Tina appear at the beginning of the time loop when they escape.All the clues are dropped by Tina’s older self, and it’s her you see going back through the loop and regressing at the end of the main game.