da capo 2

lets discuss the recent release apart from the new mangagamer info
the walkthrough is done
here is a note yume and her younger sister can’t be won until at least 2 of the other girls are won

How is the game? The first one didn’t appeal to me at all, so I’m disinclined to buy it. I’d be particularly interested in the opinions of people who did NOT like the first Da Capo.

A decent amount better, perhaps surprisingly given that the original Da Capo had first class writers (Mikage and Kure) while Da Capo II is Takeuchi Kouta (don’t get me wrong; he’s good, but Da Capo fare isn’t quite his element) backed up by mediocre sub-writers. A couple of the routes are really excellent tear-jerkers. The production values are top notch for 2006 (although it admittedly doesn’t compare to moshiraba or ef from the same year in that regard, but give it a break) and on the whole it just feels like a far more polished experience than the original.

Of course, I mean by this that I’d grade DC II as something like 76-77% compared to 67-68% for DC. It’s not a masterpiece, even in the pure love genre and its fame extends much further than the quality of the game would suggest. The heroines are just as wholly unappealing as the heroines of the original Da Capo and a good portion of the game’s effectiveness relies on you pretending you care about them enough for the narrative to draw you in. In addition, like the original it lacks a high quality overall plot drawing the routes together so make no mistake, it’s nothing but the interactions between the protagonist and heroines. If you’re expecting something on the level of Suika, look elsewhere.

To me the first game overall felt a bit different from the second game, which is not very surprising given the different scenario writers. Where Da Capo mainly had a series of short “days” or mini-scenarios, the ones in Da Capo 2 tend to be fairly longer, as is each individual storyline.

Early in the game you are presented with a choice that leads you down one of two paths, with only 3 of the 6 girls being available for interaction via the island and school maps in each path. Unlike the first game, the map now displays which girl is in which area. After a while you will proceed to the second part of the game which is split into 3 different scenarios each shared by 2 girls from different first paths (meaning one you could interact with on the maps and one you couldn’t). You can make choices that will let you focus on either girl here. After this , provided you didn’t mess up, the game will proceed into a character specific storyline for the last part of the game. There is probably more unique content per storyline than in the first game.

Da Capo 2 feels less light-hearted than the first game did overall, which depending on your tastes may or may not be a good thing. Personally I found the second game’s characters lacking some of the “charm” the first game’s characters had, but the quality of the rest of the game seems much better, especially in the conversations which now often involve several of the characters at the same time instead of being a lot of one-on-one conversations like in the first game.

All in all the game feels notably different than the first game, although it shares some features like the setting on Hatsune Island and the special powers that the everlasting Cherry trees grant people, as well as some of the character types.

I’d say the second game is better, though due to the difference in the “feel” I got from it I wouldn’t say that everyone will enjoy it more than the first game.

The original Da Capo was sort of meh. But Kotori is awesome. That’s all.

I don’t think I’ll have a chance to play DC2 soon, I’m almost broke at the moment.

EDIT: I just realized that my post added absolutely nothing to the discussion. Sorrrry.

I have a question about the game. o you install the game on your computor or do you open an application?

Just copy all files to same folder and open the application~
[all 3 zips have seperate files… they are not connected]

ok thanks. that helps

Anyone having issues with font error ? As you can see from screen, I get weird lines in between each letter in same design as font. I am pretty much puzzled on whats causing it.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/Renrinken/DC2.jpg

If rebooting doesn’t make the problem go away, I would go ahead and contact Mangagamer support with an issue like that.

Actually, scratch that. The only thing that’s really awesome about DC is Suginami. :mrgreen:

here is the walkthrough for anyone that wants it
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oeand251eve395j

well his grandson is in da capo 2

i have a question who is u, and yuzu and how do you see them
i noticed them in the system voice menu and i am just wondering

Yuzu appears in Nanaka’s and Koko’s route.
Mu in Minatsu’s, and in some scenes with no character in the map events.

Yeah, there a bunch of little easter-egg style scenes hidden away in the character map sections without any character icon, ranging from scenes for characters in the game, side-characters, and even characters not in the game…yet.

And many references to Da Capo 1

well i hope you’ll at manga gamer get to do the plus expansion

If they’re going to give us Da Capo’s numerous fandisks, they’ll have to license Plus Communication sooner or later

i think circus is doing a wait and see approach
da capo 1 bomb so we don’t get pc 1 maybe if da capo 2 does well enough we will get pc 2 and maybe even pc 1 and if it does very well maybe all the fandisks and suchj

Da Capo 1 seems to be selling fine since the price reduction since it keeps finding its way back to the top 5 list, same for Da Capo IF. Also kouryuu seems to be hinting at the licensing of at least one of the Da Capo Seasons fan disks so as long as things keep going the way they’re going, we get more Da Capo stuff.