Damn it! Out of print!

This morning I recalled the anime movie version Little Nemo. It was one of my first - if not the first - anime that made me serious about Japanese anime. I mean I watched Voltron as a kid… but it was Little Nemo that really opened my eyes to it.

The memory returned, because I saw a postage stamp poster that had Little Nemo on it (the original Winsor McCay version) in the post office. Thus as soon as I mailed my letters, I went online to see if it was released on DVD. True enough that happened, and the DVD version has more footage than the original theatrical release - 15 minutes was cut.

Then the bad news kicked in… the DVD version is out of print… so me getting a copy would at least entail $70.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

So here I am, about to hit “confirm” on a purchase for the anime, just so I can re-live my anime happiness for yesteryear.

And it doesn’t even have the “Japanese language” tracks on it. :frowning:

I just check Amazon Canada and they have it listed at $20 Canadian but it takes between 5 to 7 weeks to arrive.

If this is the version you are looking for;

http://www.amazon.ca/Little-Nemo-Masanori-Hata/dp/B0002IQC5M/ref=pd_bowtega_1/702-5313108-3904015?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1176521762&sr=1-1

(My apologies is the above address goes against a rule here. I put it up to help.)

What the… the movie was an anime ?!!

Gah ! This discovery is blurring the lines of animated reality… what differentiates Eastern animation from Western anaimation… nooo…

On hindsight, Nargrakhan; you have good taste.

Hmmm… thanks Riverwatcher! I’ll see if that seller still has it before going to the scalper. :slight_smile:

Heh… I always liked Little Nemo: strips ran in a local newspaper. When I heard it was a movie way back when, I was really happy.

I was surprised that the CAPCOM game was based on the movie - the NES game was released waaaay before it, and since I didn’t know anything about Japan back then, I thought the game was an American production from Disney or something.

The movie has a NIGHTMARE production history if you read up on it. It was a high priced join US-Japanese project, but ran into so many walls due to conflicting interests and huge ego problems. What was supposed to be the greatest animation project in history, turned out to be a massive failure.

The movie still captures the spirit of Little Nemo though… so I enjoyed it.

The ending was really sweet. Nemo and the Princess always hinted about being like that in the comics, but given their age and the general public morality at the time, it never did happen there. :wink:

My pleasure. That one appears to be sold by Amazon Canada but I could be wrong.