Damn we are getting some oddball DS stuff

http://www.natsume.com/comingsoon_frameset.html

Take a look at Princess Debut. I'd guess it is the targeting of the young female market in the states with the DS that is bringing titles over that would have been passed over in earlier times. Then again it IS Natsume, who has taken chances with relationship-driven games for years now. Looks similar in play and style to the Kuru-Kuru Princess ice-skating game...which also has made it to the US under of all things part of that Imagine series of DS games.

Still waiting for a foreign release of the Casio Loopy and games. =P

While I’m somewhat turned off by the overly-cute graphics, I’m thrilled that a otome game is hitting the states after Hirameki’s closure.

Kawaii~!!! It’s cute and girly and sooo pink! I must have it! (You can tell I’m a girl. :roll: )

You could always pray to whatever gods you worship, for Natsume to pickup the Princess Maker 4 conversion to DS. :stuck_out_tongue:

You know that Idea Factory’s talking about putting out an otome game to either DS or PS2, right?

(They don’t trust the PC market.)

Oh yes, I know. I’m kind of disappointed that they’re not considering the PC, but I’ve got my fingers crossed for whatever game they’re going to put out (Personally, I’d prefer it if Koei would finally bring over their Neoromance games, but you can’t have everything in life).

I know sometime around last E3, rumors of Angelique had been floating around, but it doesn’t look like anything must have come of them.

There were? I didn’t pick up any; maybe Koei will surprise us this year, but it seems to be highly unlikely.

It’s important to consider the retail side. If stores don’t want to stock these kinds of games, then there’s little hope of a release, despite a publisher’s best intentions.

As of now, I think there’s a better chance of seeing text-focused (and romantic) games on DS than PS2 or PC.

Also, the DS avoids the regional problems… well, slightly. To officially release a DS game in Europe you’ll have to do a lot of translation work, but if you only put out a US version then at least the European players can import it. Importing a ps2 game is harder. Can be done (yes, I own a US PS2) but it’s more of a pain.

Anyway, there’s a lot of cool stuff being announced for the DS at the moment. I’m really interested in ‘Time Hollow’ (adventure game)