Demo Games Online?

First post so be gentle .

I’ve search through and checked a few threads but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for .

Are there any sites that give you online demos of the Bishoujo titles around at the moment ? :confused:

Was given ‘Pick Me Honey’ a few weeks ago and I’m hooked :-)) . So I’d like to try before you buy kind of thing .

Shot me down if you must but I did Google it and use the forum search function .

Thanks in advance .

How the hell did you get hooked on a sub-par game like “Pick Me Honey”?

you handeled that quite well Velsper, ok as for demos Bapetastic, the only games that I know of off the top of my head that have a demo for are is Ai Yori Aoshi and Ever 17, if there are any others … other people here will pipe up. I have played the Ai Yori aoshi demo and it is very short. I know a demo exists for Ever 17 but I have not played it but I have played the full game and it is excellent.

I’ve played the demo of Ever17, it’s more than a playable trailer, if you get whatI mean.

If you are only interested in demos of english localized games, then I only recall there being demo-versions for “Little my Maid” and “Brave Soul”.

The demo of “Brave Soul” is still in japanese, though, but it at least gives you a taste of the gameplay.

[ 09-12-2006, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

True love/Nocturnal Illusions/Runaway city got me hooked. It’s a shame I can’t play True Love on anything XP now.

I can’t say I’ve seen any demos around, but…

If you really liked Pick me, Honey! check out the other Trabulance games. Kango 1 and 2, I’m Gonna Serve You 4, and Let’s Meow Meow come to mind. I think those are all preferred over Pick me, Honey! as well, so you may even like them more.

… plus my personal Trabulance-favorite: “Tottemo Pheromone”!

Ooops?
Why and when has it been renamed to “Target: Pheromone”??? :confused:

Ah, yes yes, I apologize for forgetting that one. It’s my favorite Trabulance game, I think, how could I forget. Never could figure out why it got renamed!

As a punishment, I am going to tell you as soon as I start playing its prequel… :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa whoa whoa…prequel? As in, the story of Black haired Silk? Or is it something else? I must know about this game!

He just said it was the first one he got. I myself thought Paradise Heights was an OK game, when I first, uh, “picked it up”. Even if I owned a legal copy today I don’t think I’d ever even think of playing it again; it’s terrible.

After he plays more games (hopefully more better games! :smiley: ) he’ll have a better idea of what he likes.

There’s there’s a prequel. It’s Majokko Silk and I believe takes place in France. It’s when Takashi was studying to become a baker.

On another note. Whatever happened to Trabulance? I haven’t seen them make any new games in the longest time. Also I don’t really like their new artistic direction. I liked the old style because it reminded me of Akira who did work for Cherrysoft.

[ 09-15-2006, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: tiger_of_the_wind2040 ]

• nods *
    Exactly: Majokko Silk is the story how Takashi and Silk (back then still a blonde) first met in Paris. And there I will also learn about the former relationship between Erika and Takashi - and how she took it back then when she lost him to Silk!

Poor Erika-chan, but who could ever resist the charms of an enchanting witch-princess like Silk?

I don’t know for sure myself, but since Trabulance was a brand of CD-Bros. and they went bankrupt, I think we may fear for the worst - very much the same as in the case of Angel Smile

[ 09-15-2006, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Thanks for all your help people , like I said I’m new to this , the Pick Me Honey game came via a friend who did n’t want it any more , it’s an original and not a copy .

Thanks also for all the suggestions but I’ve come to the conclusion that it will have to be feet first as an online site with short demos doesn’t appear to be out there .

Also , finding demos in English is the real prodlem I think .

The ‘hooked’ reference was to Bishoujo games in general and not the the Pick Me Honey title as I see there are far more exciting games out there .

The hunt will continue but the welcome to the board has been good , I hope I can give something back once I’ve started playing the games seriously .

B

[ 09-15-2006, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Bapetastic ]

Unfortunatly the best games are either not made anymore or simply don’t work on newer operating systems. Actually I think it’s a compromise of both for most games.

If you’re looking for something more than the “choose an option, read text, choose an option, read text ad infinitum”-type game your especially going to have a hard time, but the following exist:

• True Love (definatly won’t run on XP), no longer produced.
  • The Maid’s Story (might run on XP), no longer produced.
  • Brave Soul (will run on XP but good luck getting it to keep running, even with the patch on any OS), in production.
  • Casual Romance Club (not that different from a regular bishie-game but still different, retains mosaic but comes with Japanese voice actors trying to speak english!)

There’s also Castle Fantasia Renewal 2, but that’s fan-translated so not available for purchase, that is a Strategy bishie-game, but it works on XP.

As well as Kingdom that’s also fan-translated, but works on XP though it tends to freeze and the gameplay gets tedious after a while.

We were supposed to get Gunshield Warrior Sakigake which was also a Strategy-RPG of sorts but they never completed it.

Beyond those you’re stuck with the run-of-the-mill games, though a few stand out with a good story rather the sex-romp with contrived stories:

• Kana Little Sister, which of course won’t run on XP nor is produced anymore if I recall but is probably the most famous bishie-game available in English.
  • Crescendo, which is readily available but you have to be able to stand the weird artstyle.
  • Ever 17, which doesn’t contain anything sexual I believe.
  • Private Nurse, some people swear that this is a good story but I can’t see why, at least not the main storyline, though one of the alternative routes was rather good.

The rest are pretty mediocre or decent though a few like Pick Me Honey, I’m Gonna Serve You 4, Slave Pageant, Little My Maid and Idols Galore stand out by being less than mediocre.

Then there’s Water Closet which stands in it’s own category that goes beyond bad and into the “just plain wrong”.

[ 09-15-2006, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Velsper ]

I am sure, you want to rephrase that after you looked here! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and I somehow have the impression that the “most famous b-game available in english” is actually X-Change - even though I don’t want to have anybody misunderstand this as a personal recommendation! It definitely isn’t!!!

[ 09-15-2006, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Not really. Judging by the Help forum it still doesn’t run that well on XP and I already displayed doubt about it’s production.

Though the links interesting at least. If it wasn’t for the V-Mate crap I would have to get the download edition.

Though you may be right about X-Change, sadly.

[ 09-15-2006, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Velsper ]

If you want to try out some Japanese games Nagrakhan have quite a few demos on his site.
Link:
http://www.elizar.com/index.php

I meant to post earlier, and then forgot…

There are a couple demos. Here are links to pages where you can get them:
Little my Maid
Brave Soul demo (Japanese, as said earlier)