Demonbane official thread (new)

Eroge savedata usually goes in the following places, in decreasing order of likelihood:

• The eroge’s install directory (more common with older titles, but still pretty common. Sounds like it’s not the case for Demonbane though, otherwise you wouldn’t be having this problem.)
  • %APPDATA% (typically C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\ on 2000/XP and C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\ on Vista/7)
  • My Documents (typically C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\ on 2000/XP and C:\Users\{username}\Documents\ on Vista/7)
  • My Saved Games (typically C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\My Games\ on 2000/XP and C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\ on Vista/7)
  • Local AppData (typically C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Application Data\ on 2000/XP and C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\ on Vista/7)
  • In the registry (type ‘regedit’, search around)
  • ProgramData (C:\ProgramData\ in Vista/7, don’t think this exists at all in 2000/XP. I suspect it’s a catch-all for things that try to write directly to C:\)

You sure they did that? It seems like a very bizarre thing to do, as well as causing problems with access rights. Although I don’t know what you mean by ‘encoded with’.

Probably to get around access limitations in Vista/7. The original game kept its save game directory in the install dir, which would cause problems if you installed the game to a protected directory like Program Files. As to why they didn’t just shift the save directory to %APPDATA%, who knows?

So Jast still has the ‘preorders open’ image for Demonbane on their homepage … Game’s been out for a year and a half now, guys …

Which also states that it’s still their only Nitroplus title for the past one and a half years. :frowning:

OMG.

The Kishin Houkou version is really an improvement.

The improved art of Cthugha and Ithaqua looks really badass.

Care to share the images? I can’t find the HCG collection for Kishin Houkou.

Ah, stuff for Demonbane is rare guys,especially those little things like the ps2 ost.Not to mention the novels, sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtvxPgFlVmo

pity at this point, i cant unlock the cg section,cause i’m still somewhre in ruri’s route.

Which I translated… in hope of JAST working on Kishinhishou…

Yeah, if your didt read the novels, you wont understand anything in Kishin Hishou. (Though i think it’s kinda good Demonbane series ended there,cause Kishin Hishou was mainly reliant on the original story.)

I pity the 3rd novel about Shewsbury is gone now though.

What do you mean gone? You mean download link? Someone updated that for me. I can upload again since I secured the file.

BTW, in 4gamer interview, Haganeya Jin said there will be Demonbane sequel. Finally!

It’s a shame Nitroplus didn’t re-release the Demonbane VN with the animated images and new artwork from the PS2. The new art by Nishi for the PS2 rather stood out compared to what he made back in the VN. As seen in the video were some necessary story changes in Kishin Houkou since in the original game Kurou had sex with both Cthugha and Ithaqua in order to “tame” them.

BTW could you possibly send me a PM where you found the ROM of the game?

Er, the cockblock scenes are very brief and lame in general still,but some are good.Eg. no Ruri RAPE Bad End -just a new “resuscitation” scene.
(Now you know half of the huge pain getting to Demonbane.Obscure indeed.)

OMG, that fused weapon of Cthugha and Ithaqua looks pretty good actually when we get to see it.

Ah yes, this must not be forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_5oclO6g6w

In all it’s epic funny glory!

Finally finished Kishin Houkou.

Overall, it improves alot on the original,but however,the cockblock scenes weren’t much.

However, pity i think we arent gonna get “Realta Nua” patch.