demonbane vs koihime muso

How’d I miss that?! Thanks for the link :slight_smile:
It also led me to this video …
Are these the PS2 openings? 3 of them?!
EDIT: anybody know what that last song is called if it’s a real opening?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eKRQgdEmx8#t=04m37s

As for reviews… I haven’t seen any reviews, other then reading the opinions on here. I’ve seen ratings, but I take those with a grain.

I could try to talk you into getting koihime but I think demonbane is going to be awesome too so it would be a conflict of interest. I say get both if you can afford them (and assuming mangagamer does not charge an arm and a leg…at least Jast is relatively affordable).

Did Koihime Muso also have a hentai ova besides the three anime spin-offs.

the koihime ova is just ecchi there is also an ova for demonbane that has a reporter’s view of some of the game’s events
the demonbane tv series is a shortened version of al’s route from the game and my guess is that demonbane will go gold mid-august- mid-September and ship my October at the latest for koihime my guess is mid-September to mid October and i guessing like at least ¬Ä50 (euros) for koihime muso

You’re guessing wrong.
Kouryu said that Koihime Musou price will be around the Navel title price, maybe a little more… So 39,99¬Ä(and the euro symbol is put after the number, not before like for the dollars ^^) is the best guess.
In fatc, the price of the Circus title where more an experiment to se how much customer were willing to pay.
Now the pricing policy of MangaGamer is clear : 40€ is the max.

awesome. That is the most I’d be willing to pay and even that is a bit steep for a download only game.

also I looked it up and apparently there is an unrelated hentai ova called koihime that has nothing to do with the game.

It’s an all-ages game, so it’s highly doubtful JAST would localize it.

That’s very good to hear. I’m quite glad they got that straightened out. (Of course, to make it a valid test, they had to leave the product at that high price for an extended period of time, otherwise they interfere with their own data. Still, it’d be nice for them to go back and reprice some of the older titles.)

I’m European so i don’t find the price that high because off steam and other doing the famous $1=1¬Ä convertion ^^
For exemple.When you buy a Bioware title fore $49,99 on Steam USA Zone.I buy it 49,99€ on Steam European Zone.

Nothing to do with Koihime Musou, but everything to do with Koihime, which is an old PC-98 elf game that was later remade for Win (not just ported but completely remade). An absolutely hilarious game, as a note.

And, yes, Koihime Musou and Koihime are not related. It’s why they don’t have the same name, for instance. :roll:

Kishin Hishou has actual gameplay and you actually control the Demonbane in battles.

Just refresh the page a couple times while looking at olf_le_fol’s avatar and surely Al Azif’s charm will win you over. Go-go Demonbane! The only thing that has ever interested me on MangaGamer is Higurashi, but after seeing their pricing it pushed me away. If you like them, by all means get Koihime as long as you also get Demonbane.

You can also just go here, where I put a gallery of all my Azifu-- I mean Demonbane avatars.

koihime muso is longer than demonbane

heh, heh, when investigating a day ago or so I saw that page, but I figured it was your special sanctuary and I closed the page. I’ve never seen so many pictures of her in one spot :shock: .

You caught me editing out my spoilers about my thoughts on MangaGamer. ~40USD is my cut off for moderately long visual novels and I am glad I waited for Higurashi to start being released on itunes. Just a bit steep for my hobby that ranks 6th or 7th amongst my other likes.

More exactly Koihime Musou have about 30% more text than Demonbane

Obviously, there are WAY more pictures of her on my harddrive. :smiley:
It could be said that the possibility I might somewhat not be completely indifferent to her charms is not absolutely equal to zero, I guess.

Out of curiosity do you have links to any other places to get visual novel avatars (not just demonbane) been looking for some forever. Or do you yourself have any others?

Have to say I like the chibi Al Azif (in black) arms folded probably a new favorite and thanks for showing us that list.

To the person who said 30% more text for koihime muso that is true…so buy both. Demonbane is of course going to be awesome so why pick and choose just get both…if you have to wait a little bit then wait. Koihime muso will probably have more gameplay but that 30% more text is not going to be story but h-scenes. Both will be good but demonbane may have the better story this time around.

That’s pretty cool. Who knows, maybe if Demonbane does well they’ll take a chance on it.

Speaking as someone who’s imported eroge and bought eroge in Japan, and not as a MG employee, I have to say that $40 for a good eroge isn’t a good price–it’s dirt cheap. Good games will go for that or even more, when USED and sold as second-hand copies, over in Japan. Selling them for $40 is basically pulling a Walmart and keeping other potentials out of the market. That price works for games with less content like the majority of the ones on JAST’s catalog, but the amount of effort that goes into a good game that’s the length of Demonbane or longer requires far more work to pull off well, and the only way to support prices like that is either with a massive amount of sales or something else backing it up financially.

This is only mere speculation, but I imagine Demobane will have to sell a significant amount far greater than their previous games to make profit at that price of $40.

So if you’re a fan of VNs be sure to pick up a copy. I know I will be at the next convention I see it in.

My theory is that games like Demonbane aren’t necessarily particularly profitable in themselves, but that they draw customers who subsequently purchase other products. It’s sort of like the candy aisle in a store; you don’t go to the grocery to buy candy, but you end up buying it along the way. Demonbane and games like it are the reason to go to the “grocery”, and other cheaper to localize games serve as the “candy” where they make the real profits. Yet if grocieries just sold candy alone, their total sales, as well as sales of the candy, would be less.

By this theory, any single game doesn’t need to be profitable for it to be beneficial to carry. Big titles draw customers, and sometimes that alone is enough.

I think we all want to see the genre thrive, but I think buying something that doesn’t interest you is the wrong way to go about it. Not playing a game is a message as well; not that it would be heard on a case by case basis. I’m sure many game companies wouldn’t be so far in the red if all their fans bought every single game released from the developers they like. We can pretend it is the second hand market or worse that prevents that, but I think it is common sense to not buy something that doesn’t interest you. I believe the term people use for those who support something blindly is “fanboy.”

Buying a game because it interests someone is a good thing. Potentially seeing more titles is the bonus. Once people think the game they buy is the bonus they may be disappointed in the future. Perhaps I can only say this because I have admittedly said that this is a little hobby of mine that only ranks 6th or 7th in my likes.