Demonbane's cinematics

Hi, so I recently finished this for the first time and found out there were actually supposed to be movies playing at some points throughout but I didn’t get any and when I tried to replay any of them from extra menu nothing happened, screen just went black for a second and back in the menu. I guess some codec is missing (have CCCP installed) but since everything is packed in .npa archive I can’t tell what format the movies are in. Any insights would be greatly appreciated, and BTW, running Win10 here.

Hello mirek83 what verzion of CCCP have you installed ? The 32 bit version CCCP should fix any problem with videos in Demonbane.

I made a link from the Windows 10 testing thread to here, just in case anyone stumbles across it there who can help.

@Makina76 said:
Hello mirek83 what verzion of CCCP have you installed ? The 32 bit version CCCP should fix any problem with videos in Demonbane.
Nope, that didn’t change enything (have both 64-bit and 32-bit version dated 2015.10.18).

@mirek83 said:

@Makina76 said:
Nope, that didn’t change enything (have both 64-bit and 32-bit version dated 2015.10.18).

Hmm I’m using the latest version as well and also running on the latest version of windows 10. Have you tried running Demonbane as administrator? You could also try installing the Klite codecs as well.

Problem solved, was not a playback issue at all. The provided installer doesn’t copy the dir with movies for some reason so I had to move it manually (it also always installs the game into c:\program files and doesn’t allow to choose any other location). Anyways, issue no longer persists.

Thanks for letting us know. We’ll try to update the installer and fix the problem.

Hi has the installer been updated? Also wonder there’s no All ages version on Steam… guess JAST was unable to obtain license/permission for that.

We might do that, but we have a few other titles before Hanachirasu that we’re trying to push out to Steam.