Devil May Cry (anime)

Anyone else watching this? Rather bad ass in my opinion, although the 5th show was kinda slower than the earlier four… but I’m just being too picky. :slight_smile:

I love the running gag that Dante is always in debt, a poor gambler, and his “harem” is more than a handful (they’re more in charge than he is). While the story taking place after 1 & 3 is cool, I sorta wish they did it after 2: then Lucia could add to his woes. :wink:

[ 07-18-2007, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

I saw the first episode during animexpo. I really liked it. It has a good mix of comedy and action. I loved how Dante likes sundaes :slight_smile:

Dante’s strawberry sundae fetish, is a nod from the manga. Neat how their making it canon now. :slight_smile:

I just got the Devil May Cry Graphic guide last night, and I find it neat that Dante is British. For the longest time, I thought he was American - given the quirks of his personality and the voice actors selected for him - but Hideki Kamiya himself says Dante is half Demon and half British.

Dante is a John Bull. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 07-19-2007, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Interesting…never would have thought he was british. So that’s where he got the sundae fetish, I thought I missed something from the games :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that the series is almost over, I finally figured out what purpose Patty serves (outside of plot): humanizing.

Everyone one else - Lady, Trish, Morrison, and of course Dante - are “harden” characters. They’ve seen the worst the world can throw, and lived to tell the tale. Patty on the other hand, is still just an innocent kid. She cries, worries, and generally reacts like a normal person would. Everyone else is “too badass” to let their real feelings show through.