Devils Devel Concept

You didn’t know? When you install the game, it dumps over a dozen DLL and EXE files in your System32 folder. The installer also deleted certain types of disc burner software (specifically the kind that use daemons) and altered your registry to hell. Some virus scanners reported the behavior of these files as malware. Even when you uninstalled the game, it left the System32 garbage and registry changes.

Elf made a press announcement that DMM put in those files and mods, and their master copies are clean. I think there’s a patch that removes these problems, but I hear it doesn’t fix everything. These files aren’t really a virus, they’re some sort of weird DRM with a lot of spyware functions.

:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
Skipped this, I’ve played the original version AND I’m totally uninterested in the bonus scenarios, clearly the Kawarazaki curse has no power on me :lol: .
8) returns to lurker mode :smiley:

The secret good ending Lancer-X mentioned is actually due to a small bug in the game - start on the 6th loop, choose each daughter an equal number of times, choose Maya when the maid choice appears, then a new, very interesting conversation with Gumoruku takes place - the game then returns to Maya’s path/ending except it doesn’t loop when it probably should. :stuck_out_tongue:.

In addition to what Lancer-X mentioned about the dystopic world view, the other strengths of Mugen Kairou are the quality of the writing (not implying that the other major Black Cyc titles, particularly EXTRAVAGANZA are badly written, but the text in MK is (almost?) on the level of Setoguchi Renya’s eroges) and the nature of the scenario. Along with being an excellent story, it also a has a strong philosophical bent to it, as well presenting a very cynical satire/view of modern society (incidentally, the latter is also definitely the case for the Rasen Kairou games). It’s definitely an issue of personal taste, but as far as dark eroges go, I prefer deep, introspective (depressing) stories (Tenina, CARNIVAL etc.) to action based eroges (MinDead and the like).

Overall, I’d say that the characters have ‘improved’: Nanaka isn’t as ‘endearing’ judging by the demo of 2 as she was in 1, but the new second daughter, Yurie >>> Reika (although the demo indirectly reveals that Reika is in the game in the maid’s role, ie as Hana) and Kaoruko as the 4th daughter has become a full-fledged tsundere and thus >>> than Nanaka in MK1 :P.

And finally, only in Black Cyc eroges do male characters win popularity polls (happened in Gun Katana as well, and although this was only the pre-release one, I’d be very surprised if Taro doesn’t win the real poll as well).

DDC is confirmed as Dark Translations next project.

That’s good to hear. DDC certainly isn’t perfect, but it has a solid plot and worthwhile cast. It’s story focused and doesn’t drown itself in a sexfest pit, like so many of their other translation projects.

Now Akari doesn’t have to kill anyone to get some twincest going. :wink:

Amiss all the bad news concerning eroge, it’s nice to at least bring up what little good news we can find (like hearing MangaGamers is improving themselves in the quality department).

It’s pretty obvious I’ve been watching Akatsuki Works for awhile now. Before the whole Equality Now fiasco, I was sorta hoping they’d improve and someday become a leader in quality gothic ero - I felt the potential talent was certainly there. Despite the havoc going on, Akatsuki Works appears to be expanding their horizons until Eroge Judgment Day hits.

#1: Akatsuki Black has a new title. Might be their last title, considering that brand appears to specialize in what’s going to be illegal, but at least it can see the light of day.

#2: They’ve christened a new brand called Akatsuki Hibiki, with a Japanese themed supernatural title as their first release. It still has a hawt Catholic nun of course. :o

And let’s not forget this title is still ongoing.

They haven’t blocked their site access to non-Japanese IP’s yet, and I’m sure traffic to their site from westerners has increased since Dark Translations has begun working on DDC. Hopefully things stay that way…