Dies Irae Prefundia is up

So the Dies Irae prefundia went up: http://prefundia.com/projects/view/project-to-lead-dies-irae-to-the-atziluth/11416/
I’m quite impressed; the people working on this project clearly spent a lot of time looking at other visual novel Kickstarters and have already avoided pretty much all the major pitfalls. Possibly except one; price. $160K is a lot, and the only concern I have is that even for a title as well known as Dies Irae, it might be a bit too high.

$35 for a digital version is pretty reasonable, especially if they throw in the fandisk. Since Libra managed $180k, there’s a good chance this will make it. It’s the sort of cult hit that should do well on Kickstarter, though maybe not as well on Steam.

Libra managed $180K total. But that was after numerous stretch goals. This game’s overall goal is very close to Libra’s entire take. Yes, I’m optimistic that Dies Irae makes it. Other games have gone significantly higher. But it’s not a sure thing. Projects with lower main goals tend to get more money. This is an ambitious goal.

Man, I remember once upon a time when Dies Irae was actually talked about here. As I recall, the game got review bombed in Japan because it was missing a bunch of stuff Light had said would be in the game? Which was the reason behind the enhanced remake?