Diplomatic Relations, calling all vets

First, what is CROWD up to these days?

As for the poll, the question is simple. Judging arbitrarily with your accumulative H-game expertise, I have summoned the professionals on this board (which I know, had an account a year ago and no clue what happened to it) to ask " X-change 4, great idea or greatest idea" or “By the nine divine, go for the alternative!”. Alternative as in it’d be better to go original.

Where is the “Leave poor Takuya alone, he’s been man-raped enough” button? Or the “We’ve seen Takuya have sex with everyone in every conceivable way, it’s not sexy anymore” button? The man REALLY needs to avoid taking the bus if you catch my drift. Seriously though, if he gets changed one more time Asuka might really kill him.

I guess I’m ranting, the point I’m trying to convey is: Please, if you DO make an X-Change 4, no more Takuya (excepting a cameo with whomever the new victim is). If not: More Yin-Yang - That game was hilarious.

me and a few other friends including unicorn have predicted that xc4 will be years after where the XY gene got passed to takuya’s offspring, and it’s his son this time who got into trouble :stuck_out_tongue:

disclaimer: this is just pure guess for fun, this post is in no way hinting what crowd might be up to

oh and a very very important note here:

after the BBS transition next week, THIS POLL WILL NOT BE CARRIED OVER

just a fair warning, so if you want to maintain the discussion, i suggest you ignore the poll and post your thoughts instead; sorry to the topic starter and no offense

[ 01-13-2008, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Sorry, fresh out of those ALTHOUGH it might be the red button…or was it the crimson one?
Indeed although I am a fan of the series, Ying-yang was hillarious and a cameo would be killer but what is he like mid twenties? Don’t you think he would be a veteran about this type of situation and maybe be a little paranoid in the back of his head to the point that he gets like his own version of shellshock?That would make for a more interesting style in my opinion…

Oh it’s cool, you can’t expect I just logged on to have a serious disscussion on CROWD’s hidden aggenda (or the inexistence of one).

Actually, I registered again (now that I think about it, I must of used a lost email…) cause I was casually making UIF’s of all my PC games so I can use Magic ISO to virtually boot them without needing the CD ( amazingly I had enough gigs) and I ran through games like Starcraft + B.W., Worms 4, Star Trek Legacy (wait, that’s in my hardrive), and the like. So eventually I found I had an ISO for X3, and remembered I had the CD’s from X2 and X1. It was like midnight and I had a comrade watching 300 on my widescreen tv thanks to my video card’s TV tuner and my UIF’s+ ISO’s were complete and while I was at it I went “what the hell” and ran X2 on my pc. Now the only problem with that was my friend has never seen 300 and since the Tv is considered a monitor extension to my cpu they share the same audio so yeah 300 going on with random sound clips of Takuya and Asuka talking. It was hilarious, blood everywhere and “those damn chinks providing commentary” as he put it. At one point it got real quiet and Takuya goes “Aaaah!” and my buddy jumps going “wtf was that?!?” oh good times…

Anyways I like the theory Lamy, let’s hope someone get’s of their galls and gives us more classic amusement that is the series.

I love the XChange series . I’m really hoping XC Alternate gets a US release from PP.
I’d be up for XC3 , bu treally would prefer more Alternates, such as with a girl becoming a guy.
I think an XC4 would be more fun if it were done as a next generation story with Takuya’s son.

Honestly, I didn’t like XC 1-3 as much as I did Yin-Yang. So I’d hope that future games also go in that direction.

I really hated the X-Change series. It got really old really fast.

i will just drop a quick line regarding what me and peter felt during testing on XC3 back then. we both thought that XC3 is, at that time, a step in the right direction since it’s starting to have a bit more of a story to it and more about the character’s feelings, which is relatively not as apparent in XC1 and XC2

Which is what through me off after I played X3. I liked it so decided to order me up I and II, not BIG mistake but definitely a surprise (specially the first one). Does anyone know why such a major difference came about? H-material is just dust compared to a solid story…

The first XChange is old – it dates to 1997. The second is 2 years later, 1999.

Fast forward five years to 2004 – that’s XC3’s release date. (These are all the Japanese release dates as gleaned from Wikipedia).

The market has been continually developing, and 5 years is a long time. Someone like Olf will no doubt correct me if I’m wrong, as my knowledge of Japanese market history is very weak; but ‘story in games’ was still kind of new back in 1997. Kanon was released in 1999, for instance, and To Heart in 1997 – the best cite I can find is Wikipedia to back up the idea that story started getting more important in the late 90’s.

(Oh, and I did find an answer to the ‘what was the first game Peach Princess released’ question:

XC1: March 9, 2001
Water closet: July 2001
Snow Drop: 05/07/01

So XChange was the first, according to GameFAQs’ “game information” section)

Ah, Snow Drop. I love that game. Could have used better path tree definition (seemingly random things required to get specific endings…) and more endings, but a SOLID game story-wise.

I concur with stalker’s statement though. The back story behind the H-scenes is as important/more important than the H-scenes themselves. Assuming I interpreted that right…

[quote]
Originally posted by Lamuness:
[b] me and a few other friends including unicorn have predicted that xc4 will be years after where the XY gene got passed to takuya’s offspring, and it’s his son this time who got into trouble :wink:

Point Blank, point blank. Lucky I haven’t stumbled on any bad H-games on my way over. I’d hate to just get something and be thrown random H scenes, seems like a waste of art. I like the building development, a plot that doesn’t hold your hand but instead drives you to look ahead of it. A sort of hidden potential that then explodes in radiant energy, thus fulfilling it’s ultimate goal of that is that of every story device. Entertain, teach, and most importantly give back to the world.

EDIT-> aha it got carried over, good stuff.