Divi-Dead: a complex and very deep storyline

I know this game is old and probably most of members knew, played and finished this game.

But the game’s storyline is complex and very deep. There are many theories and speculations, sometimes contradictory.

I hope these links help us to understand more completely about “Divi-Dead”:

1. (Divi-Dead) Story explanation (SPOLIERS):

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=578844&topic=16703304

1. Divi-dead Speculations Regroup:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=578844&topic=34115847

I can’t find more other good links.

Interesting, although I had no problem understanding Divi-dead, (after playing Xenogears, most game story becomes very easy to understand.)

Idofgrahf > I thought it was Xenosaga… that being said, I oughta play Xenogears some day.

Mystvan > Gee, thanks for bringing the discussion here… and thanks for mentioning both threads, including the one I started (the older thread was being spammed to death) I can understand if some fo my theories were contradictory to others, but a lot about the game is left ‘in the air’.

If anything, only Tsukihime, so far, is the closest to Divi-dead in terms of atmosphere, complexity and issues. Well, not really atmoshophere; Tsukihime is more action, and Divi-dead is more horror (not to mention that creepy MIDI)

Lastly : Nice Saudukar avatar. I loved Emperor: Battle for Dune, and that was my favourite unit, along with the Fedaykin.

You’re welcome, Phineas Lucis.

I agree with you. The old thread has many useless posts.

==================================================

Nephilm:
Posted 2/28/2005 12:39:11 AM

“What keeps bugging me is that if Shotaru (?) was Ranmaru’s body, and he was using Juichi’s (who is indeed the guy that killed him), then who the hell got decapitated at the beginning?”

HHAZE:
Posted 3/6/2005 1:59:26 AM

“All good questions…But I don’t think this game will ever make sense because it is way too profound for us simple mortals. I wonder if it even really makes sense to the people that wrote it .”

That’s very funny confusion. I wonder if, someday, we could solve these mysterious questions…

==================================================

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Very good explanation indeed, even it still lack something.

As for the decapitation part, as far i remember (i played this game long time ago) i think what really happened is Ranmaru (in his real body) was at the hospital when a kid because he got sick after using his powers to save Azusa.

It came Juichi during the night and DEGOLATED him, not decapitaded him. (Reemember in the OP Ranmaru saw the hand with sharp nails holding his throat and his own blood spilling after that).

I don’t know how he was saved. Maybe he used his own power to transfer his soul/essence to Juichi’s body, or maybe Ms.Aki (actually, Ranmaru and Yuko’s mother) did that. Maybe the later is the best explication because she used this same power later, plenty of times.

Anyway, after Ranmaru’s soul/essence was keep safely inside Juichi, probably Ms.Aki took Ranmaru’s damaged body, healed it completely, and keep it safe until the day Ranmaru can back inside to it.

[ 04-18-2007, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

Phineas Lucis> I played Xenosaga as well, though I found Xenogears story to be more complex and had a better main character

Your theory is very interesting, Peter-kun…

Yes, maybe you’re right about these facts, but you know there are more mysteries about the other characters.

I love mysterious games, but I think they exaggerated, because many facts are, apparently, contradictory.

Did you try the two Eve games that were translated into english?

Yes, I played “ADAM: THE DOUBLE FACTOR” and “EVE burst error”, but the last game crashes on certain event. I decided to start since the beginning, but… I’m tired…

And about “Desire”? I played, but I stopped playing because I hate S&M on Makoto scenario… Albert-“sama” is BAKA!!! But the game is very good and has many mysteries.

The only game, from GC, I know is “Chain ~ The Lost Footprints (Footsteps)”. This game is good, too. The musics are wonderful. Awesome.

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

If you could read japanese then Eve the fatal attraction and the new generations would be good, I have and played fatal attractions (with first year japanese) and its much better then Adam (story and character development wise).

I own some B-games for DC (DreamCast) & PC in Japanese version. But I never tried to play them because I can’t read Japanese. Then, I only read reviews about them (Wikipedia, MobyGames, etc.)… And I watch the animes from this games…

If I try to use any hooker text program, it’s difficult to use it or not? Do you know which programs people use? I think I use them only for PC games, right?

And thanks for advice. I keep in mind about “EVE TFA” and other games from EVE series.

[ 04-21-2007, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Mystvan ]

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-19-2007, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Even thought i still need to play ADAM, i think the same.

And i hated Makoto’s scenario in DESIRE too. It was absolutely stupid and disgusting. :frowning: Unfortunately, it was necessary to play that shit in order to unlock the very refreshing and good Martina’s scenario.

Eve TFA is the completed version of Adam, Kyoko did not leave Kojiroh, things weren’t that bad with Yayoi in the end, no sex scenes, about 2 more game days and rewritien story that makes more sense. New Generation just came out on PC, haven’t played it yet.

I personally hated Adam, it was no were near as good as burst error, okay story, horrible character development and Kojiroh acted like a guy in heat, having sex with just about every single female.

I’m not sure but I don’t think Oh text hooker works for the EVE series because of the interface, AGTH I know works but its a little hard to setup and use.

[ 04-19-2007, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Idofgrahf ]

You’re right about this, Peter-kun. I’m not sure, because I stopped and uninstalled this game, but I think there are more one additional scenario (from Pete Karsanow, I guess).

I heard, from MobyGames (I guess), about a altenative game for Sega Saturn. This game doesn’t has any sex scenes.

I think I read review about this game from Pete Karsanow. I don’t understand Albert-“sama”, because he is very jerk with his girlfriend and I never thought Makoto was masochist…

Many games, from Himeya, are good, but, unfortunately, few games have happy endings.

Wow. Then, I’m seriously thinking about buying this game, the “EVE TFA”. Very good.

Yes, “EVE burst error” has many jokes, interesting schemes, very good musics, more interesting story, etc. I really enjoyed playing this game. Very good.

And thanks for your suggestion about text hooker programs. I have already “Oh! Text Hooker”, but after I saw (but I didn’t read) its tutorial, I gave up. It seems very complicated. Well, I’ll read and try again. Or I’ll AGTH. Thanks again.

SPOILERS!

I hate “ADAM THE DOUBLE FACTOR” because this game doesn’t make sense. Alone bodyguard against unknown powerful enemy? Without any alarm, sensor, and the most important, without any information, etc.? With all these problems, Kojiroh certainly has very few chances to success.

And Kojiroh is jerk because he slept with any women except his own girlfriend (Kyoko Himuro)!!!

The musics are very mediocre…

I don’t understand why old Intelligent Agents from Eldia are dunce. If someone are killing them, then why they don’t reunite and try to fight together against this powerful killer? All they are trained and skilled agents or not?

You’ll be glad to know that Kyoko is in New Generations as well, still working as Kojiroh’s assistant.

PS you might want to use the edit opition in the future if you want to add to your previous post, that way you don’t have to do a new post everytime.

Hello, Ido-kun,

Well, I know about ‘Edit Post’, but I wanted to reply to both Peter-kun (Edited by Mystvan) and you separately.

And I don’t know if “Kyoko is still working as Kojiroh’s assistant” is a good news or not. Because I sincerely hope Kojiroh come back to Yayoi and they could live together and happy ‘forever’…

Yayoi has very bad luck because many bad things happened to her. I hope she gets a true happy ending. Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-19-2007, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Yayoi will be working with Kojiroh in new generations, they collaborate on the case. it seems theu have some heart ot heart talk. You might want to vist their website, its in Japanese ofcourse.

http://www.eve-newgene.com/01/ev12_00_00_00.html