DL Site

Anyone else here shop the www.dlsite.com from time to time?

Most of the material on the site is “amateur” overall, but a few professional groups have some great material available.

If you’re into the “dark stuff” like me, I recommend checking out Lilith / Pixy. :smiley:

For those who’ve never purchased material on DL Site: the vast majority of “games” aren’t actual daters, but visual novels. That is to say, they’re way shorter than anything Peach Princess has (most only last one day at best), and you really have limited options over what transpires in the story. Again, 90% of the stuff found there is amateur, but there are really talented individuals/groups if you spend serious time looking.

actually a couple of my friends over at irc have used dlsite quite a bit, i believe…although i have never used it myself

I agree, I’ve actually been surprised by some of the stuff on DL Site. I guess it depends what you’re into…I’m not sure if I could recommend it to the general hentai-goer.

I’m curious, do you -or another member here- have used the Professional section too?
Nothing in the Japanese User Guide seems to imply that Japanese-speaking, foreign customers are forbidden, in addition the English Adult Check says only “Japanese sites (Home, Maniax, Professional, and Cosplay) are not available for use by non Japanese speaking users” (for obvious motives, I would say after seeing the Subscription Form), and many of those erogames are REALLY interesting (for example, the list also includes not a few games you reviewed like Succubus Soon and Nukenin)…
Any input, anyone :slight_smile: ?

I’ve used the “Japanese only” side of the site, with an American credit card and American billing address. In all actuality, DL Site doesn’t discriminate sales outside of Japan. If you can communicate in fluent Japanese, they are more than happy to answer questions. If you can enter your billing information (i.e. know what to type in the blocks) into the Japanese side of the site, it will not deny access due to ip address or billing address.

But they ONLY offer support in Japanese. Non-Japanese questions will ignored - and asking too many question in English/French/Italian/etc will cause them to disable the account. The main reason for this, is because when you have a question about something, they “forward” the matter to the creator of the product. Not all companies/groups bother with the translation troubles. Those that post their works on the English side of the site, are willing to try and support Western customers: but it’s always on a case-by-case basis.

So it’s totally safe to order on the Main and Pro sections, if you communicate in Japanese. :slight_smile:

[ 03-25-2007, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Gee thanks, it’s longtime that I’m hoping for reliable information about DLsite Pro, and I’ve noticed that many things changed with the passing of time (an Activation Code for activating your games -in V-Mate style, and with limited uses to boot- was absent in the past).
I’ve an improvement of my cheap ADSL on schedule late this year, and I will try some shopping for sure, thank you for your fast input!

guys, i wonder if this thread should stay here, or should i move it to the jp bgame forum

i dont mind either way, but seems to me that this should belong to the jp forum instead, but correct me if i am wrong

Piracy did this. DL Site knows they are the original source for stuff “hentai sites” offer as downloads - ironically, more so from the ones that you pay monthly to access. Not just in America either: Russia and Taiwan too.

They know it’s a “losing battle” overall, but some security is better than nothing at all. Sadly, the security features have increased the prices by $1 to $5 depending on the product. I don’t blame DL Site - their just trying to protect the products that other people provide to them.

sigh unfortunately it’s harder to put the smack on sites that charge you to access, since you can’t just wander by, notice that they’re ripping stuff off, and report it…

The more public hentai sites claim not to carry dlsite stuff, although until someone reports it to them they won’t actively police.