Do eroge companies accept donations?

If one was willing to just give them money would they take it ?

Would I be able to get special edition bonuses long after preorders have passed? :wink:

I doubt they could for legal reasons, at least the corperate ones. Donā€™t know about their ruling bodies or if they have a special general eroge lobbying group in Japan.

Well if Eroge Shop doesnā€™t have access to a copy, your best bet is to hunt them on Japanese versions of Ebay (since Amazon Japan doesnā€™t ship outside of Japan), and have a husbandry agent get it for you. Although I hear thatā€™s not 100% safeā€¦ (i.e. scams)

What a strange thing to ask.

Buying their games instead of downloading them like the rest of the so-called Eroge fans is already the best support you can give them.

Iā€™m with bokmeow. You donā€™t need to donate money to some kind of war chest. Theyā€™re a business, they exist to exchange things for money. Buy their products! Go to DLSite, and spend away. Visit erogeshop and buy physical copies of imports. You can give them money quite effectively and even get something out of it.

Wow , I always thought a person could do whatever they wanted with their money , I could see no donations being company policy but actual laws?.. It isnt strange to want to invest in a companys future.

Im not talking about not being able to buy a game. Im talking about looking on eroge shop , and seeing only regular editions available and knowing cool extras( artbooks. CDs, TCs, and figurines) are lost to all time to me.

If you wanted pre-order bonuses, you could always order from Himeya Shop. A friend of mine orders a lot of Japanese bishoujo games from them and can vouch for the bonuses.

ErogeShop IS HimeyaShop - well, the side of HimeyaShop that sells eroge, since Himeya donā€™t any more. And yes, they DO - if you pre-order =P Lurker is talking about getting an OLD game (one thatā€™s already been released) + getting the preorder bonuses with that. Like Narg said, you usually need to use yahoo! auctions + an intermediary or something similar to get that.

Well, to be sure, I donā€™t believe Japanese eroge companies make preorder bonuses available even for Japanese consumers after preorders closed, should they ā€œdonateā€ money. Thatā€™s why theyā€™re preorder bonuses ā€” to entice people to pay the premium price tag. If you want preorder bonuses, preorder through Himeya Shop or other companies that handle them. If you donā€™t want to pay the premium price tag, then just stay pat, itā€™s just material objects anyways, not the end of the world. I preordered Doki Majo Plus through Play-Asia 'cos of the artbook and the Star Radish OST CD, if I didnā€™t, they Iā€™ve no right to complain when the stock of preorder bonuses dry up.

You can always buy the merchandise (if available).

Is it possible to buy stock in such companies?

These companies are in general not publicly traded as far as I know.

Iā€™m pretty sure AliceSoft (Champion Soft) and GIGA (TGL) are, but I know of no others.

Like Lancer points out, some of the big eroge companies are owned by a parent company. For example Cyc is owned by BEye Communications. If you can identify the parent company, then thatā€™s usually how youā€™d own stock in them (via the parent company). However in these cases, youā€™d be dealing with the Tokyo Stock Exchange or what have you. Youā€™d probably want to look up how easy and/or difficult it is, in dealing with foreign exchanges. Iā€™m sure the service fees would be high. Also as I understand it, the eroge market is generally doing poor this economic cycle. Iā€™m sure that means potential stock prices are cheaperā€¦ but then youā€™re taking larger risks too. Ohā€¦ and the currency exchange rate is worth watching.