Does anyone have played chain-the lost footsteps?

http://engbishoujo.tripod.com/chainunicornreview.html

I played it and I liked it. It has a good story, but almost zero replay value. Still… the story is very long so it’s probably even with some of the shorter multiple scenario b-games. Personally out of the older games I liked Critical Point much better, but Chain is a good one too… it’s just more of a visual novel than a game in my opinion.

I think a lot of people like the original japanese voice acting… and asides from that it would take a much longer time to get these games to market when it’s already kind of slow :slight_smile:

I already have plenty of anime on DVD with both: english and japanese soundtrack.

However, I have yet to find a single one in which I prefer the english dubs over the japanese voice-acting!

The problem is alot of the English VA’s can’t or don’t want to capture all the emotions put into the game by the Japanese VA’s, I’ve watched alot of subbed, and dubbed anime in my time, and I have to say even though I have to read a sub-title the Japanese VA’s are atleast 100x better than English VA’s… The one exception where I really like the English VA’s was in Tenchi Muyo.

I don’t think making the voices into English will suddenly make the Bgames business skyrocket, hell i’m surprised it’s been as sucessful as it has the first Bgame I ever played was 3-sisters, back then there really wasn’t alot of companies vying to release these games, now look at it I slowly foresee as anime continues to gain popularity in the US, and around the world the Bgames industry will continue to grow.

P.S. As erotikill said it would be more expensive to the English companies to make all voice into English thus causing the current prices to go up an extra $10 - $15 per.

Yes And i love it!!!

I love the intro animation. This should really be a movie.

Great story…

Makes me want to be a Private Investigator now…

I have it too, great game. I agree that it should be a movie. The intro scene i sometames put in the disc and enjoys it like a music video.