Doushin update

quote:
"Authentic Japanese interface"

100% original b-games.

Seriously, though, I'm wondering how the graphics are being stored so that it's impossible to replace them.

Is the issue that you don't have the original raw graphics? If that's the case, I think overlaying English atop the Japanese would work.

Or is the issue that the graphics are compiled into the executable, and nobody has the source code any more?

quote:
Seriously, though, I'm wondering how the graphics are being stored so that it's impossible to replace them. Is the issue that you don't have the original raw graphics? If that's the case, I think overlaying English atop the Japanese would work. Or is the issue that the graphics are compiled into the executable, and nobody has the source code any more?

Same questions/solutions that have been running through my head as well.

If the situation is so dire I don't understand why they wouldn't let someone with an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) just go and break into the coding. Not like anyone trustworthy enough for an NDA with them is going to leak the information out; I would think they would appreciate having access to their own intellectual property.....

I don’t have a problem with it as long as the documentation is clear as to what option is what. (Having played enough Japanese games I can pretty much figure it out on my own anyway lol.)

Doug has a point. Take Divi Dead for example. The map you use is in kanji and not translated. However, using a guide on gamefaqs, plus after playing a while, I figured out where was where easily enough.

Do what you have to do to get the game out, Peter. But I would think it ought not to be too hard for a skilled hacker to find and alter the images.

Plus if you could get your own programmers you might be able to get coding changes done faster in general.

quote:
Originally posted by DarkFusion:
Doug has a point. Take Divi Dead for example. The map you use is in kanji and not translated. However, using a guide on gamefaqs, plus after playing a while, I figured out where was where easily enough.

Damn.... I have purchased one "japanese for travellers" guide in order to figure that... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

Honestly, it’s nothing to worry about, guys. With a quick guide to point out what is what, it’s easy to figure out which button does what. The game is worth it.

I had no trouble at all when I was text editing, and I’m not learning Kanji yet in my Japanese studies.

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
Honestly, it's nothing to worry about, guys. With a quick guide to point out what is what, it's easy to figure out which button does what. The game is worth it.

I had no trouble at all when I was text editing, and I'm not learning Kanji yet in my Japanese studies.

I was talking about Dividead, OC. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]