Downhill Night Release question

So I was thinking today…

Does PP plan to release the 3 ‘Downhill Night’ games at the same time. Or will they be released 1 by 1?

Also, any chance of a pack in the future containing all 3? :slight_smile:

I too would be interested if there was a pack option for obtaining all three at once. Especially if it means I save a little in doing so, which is always good.

I could be talking outta my ass here, but as I see it there is essentially no chance of them holding off on releasing the 3 games until all 3 are done: especially since there are other games in their pipeline, that would take forever. And it would probably mean they would sit on one of the games for no purpose other than waiting for the others to finish.

They’re trying to avoid having games not come out for several years after being announced. It’s not good all around.

As for a pack containing all three … I would say probably not – but I thought that “game + download for a few bucks more” would never happen - lo and behold, Peter did it. So I can’t say :slight_smile:

While I have no inside knowledge of PP’s plans, a lot of game companies are moving to short cheap games as part of a strategy for the current Economic Troubles. So I would expect to probably see them coming one at a time.

If a pack does occur, I wouldn’t expect it to occur for some time until after all three are out. Back when I bought my first games about two years ago, the Come See Me Tonight series was only sold individually. Now you can get them in a pack.

I agree with papillon. My gut says they’ll be released individual to recoup the translation costs better, and gauge their success.

Probably after all three are released, or during the release of the third, a set pack will follow.

DN1 is a classic styled eroge. DN2 is the same but with a new cast. DN3 is the real ground breaker, with the racing engine and all that: plus a sequel to DN2.

IMO Its better that the games come outone at a time with a gap of arnd , say 3 months.
Now, I have no Idea of PP marketing plans, and I am not really exited about this series :roll: But I think, to manage costs better, steady flow of revenue and current economic crises, The games should be released one at atime.
I have no Idea BTW

I’m not excited about this series like I am for something with a really good story, but I figure something like this could be a nice change of pace. It’s kind of like how I enjoy playing the Come See Me Tonight series. The games aren’t anywhere near the greatness of something like YMK, Kana, and Crescendo, but they are still enjoyable. In addition, like the CSMT series (except for a few very short scenes in CSMT2) the game doesn’t take place at a school. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the stories that take place at school just fine. It is just that you need a change of setting occasionally.

for now, we are doing one title at a time (first one may be coming out sooner than you think :P), but MAY do a combo when the last one is out (which will be quite a while from now)