Dragonriders of Pern

I’m enjoying the original three novels for the nth time. And I realized something – the dragons all talk like Hemmingway characters. Is it me or has anyone else noticed this?

I don’t know. The only Hemmingway I ever read, I had to for school. Love the Pern series. Enjoy.

Heh, I think the only one I’ve read was “The Old Man and the Sea” and that was when I was a freshman in high school. Hmm, I should go back through the Pern series myself one of these days…

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
I'm enjoying the original three novels for the nth time. And I realized something -- the dragons all talk like Hemmingway characters. Is it me or has anyone else noticed this?

Not really, but then again the only Hemmingway I read was "Of Mice and Men"

Really liked the first trilogy. Never read the Harpercraft Hall series.

------------------
"His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man." Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Not really, but then again the only Hemmingway I read was "Of Mice and Men"

Really liked the first trilogy. Never read the Harpercraft Hall series.

Unless I'm losing my mind (yes, I know, a common occurrence...) Steinbeck wrote 'Of Mice and Men', didn't he?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Unless I'm losing my mind (yes, I know, a common occurrence...) Steinbeck wrote 'Of Mice and Men', didn't he?

You're correct, Steinbeck wrote "Of Mice and Men" and you're also correct that you're losing your mind. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
You're correct, Steinbeck wrote "Of Mice and Men" and you're also correct that you're losing your mind. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Ooo, nice. Two for one! Yay!

*does the chicken dance*

That’s right! Hemmingway wrote The Old Man and the Sea. I always get them two mixed up.

------------------
“His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man.” Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Ooo, nice. Two for one! Yay!

Heh, sorry, but I just couldn't resist that...

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Heh, sorry, but I just couldn't resist that...

*tsk tsk tsk*'s. You didn't even get it quite right.

I haven't so much lost my mind, as 'it refuses to come back'.